2020/21 Yannick Bolasie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could genuinely do worse than having him play Right Wing Back. He's a hard worker and has more pace than most of our team. I'm not 1 of the Davies Boo boys, but I'd sayer its a bigger ask for him to play RWB than it is for Bolasie.

No he wasn’t at all.

He is (was) a mid/low PL player and was never, ever anything more.

Utter waste of time and money.

Terrible signing that absolutely nobody wanted.

Palace fans (probably including @Alan Whittle too), were all laughing at us.

"£27m and you haven't even signed our best winger" etc... They knew Zaha was the better option, so why didn't we? All round likeable person, but come 1st July when his contract dies, we'll only be left with Sigurdsson and Pickford as our reminders of terrible transfers from the Steve Walsh/Koeman era.

"£27m and you haven't even signed our best winger" etc... They knew Zaha was the better option, so why didn't we? All round likeable person, but come 1st July when his contract dies, we'll only be left with Sigurdsson and Pickford as our reminders of terrible transfers from the Steve Walsh/Koeman era.
There's an element of risk in all transfers. We do seem to have made more howlers than most.

I was definitely not laughing. I was surprised and pleased at the fee, I thought maybe £20m top whack but I also thought there would be no reason why he couldn’t do for you what he did for us. Getting crocked didn’t help him and his twitter antics can be a bit crackers which don’t sit well with fans, but I wished him well and hoped he would succeed.

I was definitely not laughing. I was surprised and pleased at the fee, I thought maybe £20m top whack but I also thought there would be no reason why he couldn’t do for you what he did for us. Getting crocked didn’t help him and his twitter antics can be a bit crackers which don’t sit well with fans, but I wished him well and hoped he would succeed.

I think that's it.

He's a perfect example of a showreel player. Does the good things fantastically, but infrequently.

I think had we sat there and spent £15m on him and he became crocked, it is a different thing.

For me, it's telling that he's now had 3 loans (Anderlecht, Villa and Sporting) and we've had Koeman, Silva and Ancelotti not even sniff at him. Wish him well, as he's a nice fella, but christ he's milked £80k a week out of us for 5 seasons. Madness the money we've splurged.

Status
Not open for further replies.