Wouldn't it be hilarious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Fellaini and wish him well for the rest of his career. That said, I wouldn't have him back, even on the cheap. We've moved on now and we're actually a better team without him, we play a style of football which would be impossible with him in the side.

I'm not sure I'd want him back here as he is way off form and just doesn't seem like our kind of player.

However, if he took a leaf out of McCarthy's book, he probably could be pretty ace in front of the back four as a destroyer. There's one thing that he certainly can do well: break up attacks. I can imagine he and McCarthy could be about as good a shield of the back four as you'd see anywhere. He'd need to actually put in the kind of shifts that McCarthy and Barry did this season, which I can't see him doing. So I think he'd probably just be frustrating most of the time and good half the time.

Hasn't got half the footballing ability Barry has, which was very important to us last season, so he'd bring a considerable drop in quality.

All that said, I really could think of worse realistic signings. I wouldn't be horrified if this happened. It won't though, we're saving for a striker, surely.

When I think of Fellaini I dont think of what happened at United last season.

I think of this.....and would take him back in a heartbeat at the right price. Could of done with him at his best in a few games last season.

what a great great performance that was.

Almost Zidane like effortlessness when he decides to play

Watch Bobby sign Lukaku and Barry then go out on the last day of the window and sign fellaini on loan the sexy little spanish [Poor language removed].
Our problem is we are used to messing up everything at Everton so getting Lukaku and Fellaini just doesnt seem possible.

... to buy back Fellani for the £12m they reportably would accept?

How would it be funny? from day 1 i thought fellaini was awful hes up there with the players i hate the most whos ever played for us i wouldnt take him back on a free

How would it be funny? from day 1 i thought fellaini was awful hes up there with the players i hate the most whos ever played for us i wouldnt take him back on a free

he had a few games yes united at home & fulham away stick out but he was never a great player, everton fans where to far up his hoop they realised how bad he was when he signed for united

I'd take him back for £12m in a heartbeat under most circumstances. However, he simply couldn't play in our system.

If he goes for that much, a club will be getting a hell of a bargain.

I'd take him back for £12m in a heartbeat under most circumstances. However, he simply couldn't play in our system.

If he goes for that much, a club will be getting a hell of a bargain.
Yeah, he'd be a fantastic signing for a club like Stoke at that price. Or West Ham/Palace.

Someone is going to get an extremely good player for a bargain. But I don't think he's right for us at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.