Would you take an Everton relegation over seeing Big Red win the title?

What would you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baffles me that some would take us going down over the RS winning the league.

I was relieved that they came back against Norwich today.

For the record I think we'll stay up and City will win the league, but it's going to be painful.

What an obscene question. Relegation wouldn’t just end our iconic top-flight status, the one thing about which we have bragging rights over the reds: it would finish our club a la Bury. We have a big wage bill and big debts. Even if we somehow stayed solvent we would likely plummet down the divisions like Leeds.

We have to win against City or we are screwed. Relegation is a very real prospect for us now. All the teams around us are in good form and we are looking woeful. Benitez inherited a terrible squad, then bizarrely sold our two best players and lost the overwhelmingly majority of his league matches. We are dire and Frank can’t be expected to transform this team in a matter of two weeks. The only reason we won last week was because the Goodison crowd got behind the team and was like a 12th man for the first time in many years. And Leeds are crap.

Shame on those who want us to lose against City. We have to get a victory and we as fans will be instrumental in helping our team get that victory. Just like the Bayern game all those decades ago.

We don't care what the RS say, what the F do we care!

They are insufferable whether they win something or not.

I care about Everton and where we finish. Not them.

Status
Not open for further replies.