Would you pay £24m for Lukaku?

What is the maximum you'd pay for Rom?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They sold Mata to United.

I know they aren't a top four side but I would imagine Chelsea regard United as a bigger direct rival and more potent threat than they do Liverpool.

I have to say Lukaku to Liverpool does seem realistic to me as well.

This guy has painted himself into a corner of self regard and seems to think he is entitled to play in the CL.

None of the leading contenders at home or abroad seem interested so Liverpool would suit him down to the ground.

Surely Chelsea would seek far more from Liverpool than 26 mil based on the silly money they threw at Lallana? That and the fact that they finished higher in the table than Chelsea. While it could price us out of this deal, if I were Chelsea I'd be asking for 35 mil+ based on what them lot have spent on Henderson, Lallana...etc. Also, knowing they just got a cash windfall of 75 mil, Liverpool certainly don't have much in the way of an excuse to continue to overpay for talent. No bargains for the rich.

We'd have been relegated had Smith stayed. That's a fact.

That is just plain ridiculous.

It is not a "fact".

It is an unprovable assertion which flies in the face of one over arching, real, stone cold "fact".

And that is the fact that EFC is a club which knows how to survive in the top flight and were last relegated before practically everyone who posts on here was born.

It is no coincidence that we have spent more seasons in the top flight than any other club.

Three seasons spent outside of it in what, 130 ish years of league football in England.

Surely Chelsea would seek far more from Liverpool than 26 mil based on the silly money they threw at Lallana? That and the fact that they finished higher in the table than Chelsea. While it could price us out of this deal, if I were Chelsea I'd be asking for 35 mil+ based on what them lot have spent on Henderson, Lallana...etc. Also, knowing they just got a cash windfall of 75 mil, Liverpool certainly don't have much in the way of an excuse to continue to overpay for talent. No bargains for the rich.

For sure.

The price will be jacked up if Liverpool are genuinely interested and they will pay it because Brent is on a gazillion dollar trolley dash.

The more I think of it, the more likely I think it could happen.

I think Chelsea would sell to the sh*te due to the fact that I don't think Mourinho rates him at all.

Take 30 million off them and sell them a dud in the process, they'd be made up with that.

Mourinho will know they could get a lot of striker for that type if money and in his opinion, Lukaku isn't all that.

Absolutely, we need a top class forward and he's certainly that. 24 mil, sounds a lot but he's young and like a previous post said make it very long contract with a massive buy out. None of this money going back to Chelsea though!

I'm genuinely scared that he'd go there. Just gotta hope that he fell in love with Everton and wouldn't join them out of respect. They've got silly money to spend and have already spent a bucket load of silly money.

I think you could do better with 26 million to be honest. I'd love to see him sign for us, mainly because I think Roberto could turn him into one hell of a player. If he doesn't come here I could seem him becoming average, Jose doesn't rate him, the Belgium boss didn't rate him, Roberto can develop him. I'm sure if he doesn't come here we'll get someone in that'll do a job for us.

Said it in the other Lukaku thread a week ago Liverpool play his game. Pacy, direct counter attacking style verging on the long ball anyone thinking Rogers and co won't salivate at the idea of rubbing our noses in it really don't know the RS.
It ticks so many boxes and don't anyone hold their breath about Rom having any feelings for us in all this. Terrifying if he goes there because it'll suit him down to the ground. At 20-1 I'd lump on if I was a gambling man.

West Ham close to that Valencia from Ecuador, just hope we don't put all our eggs in one basket and get [Poor language removed] off.

Looks like it to me,club needs to tell him to do one personelly and look elsewhere,its pretty clear we aint on top of his list and his not worth £20m plus anyway,look bloody elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.