Would you like Graham Potter in to replace Dyche?

Would you be happy with Potter over Dyche?

• Potterball me up

Votes: 112 41.8%
  • I'll stick with Hoof n rush Dycheball

Votes: 77 28.7%
  • Kippers, poached eggs and toast (alright, with cheese).

Votes: 46 17.2%
  • Someone else (please name)

Votes: 33 12.3%

• Total voters
No, I'm talking managers from anywhere. They dont have to have PL experience.
There are lots of decent managers from all over the world.
We shouldn't just go, look at him, he did a decent job a burnley, wigan, southampton, or bolton.
Even in our current state, managing Everton is a huge opportunity.
It’s mental we haven’t appointed a mangers from abroad in our history. They’ve all managed in this country only Walter smith and Moyes hadn’t managed in the prem

We should be aiming high, but im afraid we are deluded if we think we can go from where we are at this moment as a club in terms of playing staff and financials into the top 1% of PL level managers. That is probably a handful of names that the Liverpools, citys, man utd will be fighting over. (I assume we are talking PL level managers here.) Im afraid low expectations are what are required for a good few seasons and patience with what is an almost impossible job for Dyche. Sorry, its not what people want to hear but its the way it is at present.
Once the ownership situation is sorted out, then we can attract a decent manager and one substantially better than Mr Dyche at that!

It’s mental we haven’t appointed a mangers from abroad in our history. They’ve all managed in this country only Walter smith and Moyes hadn’t managed in the prem
That's kinda what I'm saying.
I dont think we should be expecting Klopp, Guardiola, or Simeone
But we should be shopping in the next tier like Emery etc. There are probably about 40 names in the top 1 or 2% of football managers.
I think Glazner is right up there and he went to Palace.

So you’d have glen murray over DCL and how many goals did maupay get for dyche last season. When is it ever going to be the managers fault??
Its been the managers fault about 8 times in the last nine years, DCL has been at Everton about 8 years and he has been prolific for about 3 months of that time. How many goals did Lampard and Rafael get out of Dacoure? Does Dyche not get any credit for that? How come Dacoure can score goals but DCL can't hit a barndoor? Dyches fault? We are always making excuses for rubbish players, When he is fit, when he is fully fit, when he is played in the right position, when he has a run of games, blah blah blah

100% no from me - give him this group of players and we’d get relegated as he’d go all Martinez on us and implement a system they couldn’t play.

It’s been the managers fault about 8 times in the last nine years, DCL has been at Everton about 8 years and he has been prolific for about 3 months of that time. How many goals did Lampard and Rafael get out of Dacoure? Does Dyche not get any credit for that? How come Dacoure can score goals but DCL can't hit a barndoor? Dyches fault? We are always making excuses for rubbish players, When he is fit, when he is fully fit, when he is played in the right position, when he has a run of games, blah blah blah
I’m not saying dcl is a world beater, but he’s better than them 3 Brighton strikers. And dyche is Playing doucoure as a second striker. He’s got some very important goals, think he has 13. 10 have been taps ins and a few have come off his ankle and shin. He’s a bang average footballer, who runs a lot and gets the odd goal.

Lampard wanted a better footballer in the 10 role, which in the long term we should be looking at. Lampard played iwobi there and he was obviously hoping Dele was going to get back to some kind of form to also play that role. Lampard dropped doucoure because he didn’t think he was good enough as one of the 2 central midfielders

REALLY? Jesus Christ
I was talking about all managers, not just premier league managers, all professional managers out there.
There's probably thousands. I'd probably put him in the top 10% of every manager out there at the moment, years of PL experience probably gives him that.
It's not a complement when it comes to a premier league team, who should be looking for a manager from the top 1 or 2%.

I would say no to Potter. Mainly for 2 reasons. Number one is that we have ping ponged between different footballing styles for a number of years, leaving us with a Frankenstein's monster of a squad that really isnt set up to play the current manager's way, but its slightly better than it was before the summer. If we swap to Potter, the current squad isnt suited to how Brighton played when he was there. Maybe some players, but we would be in a situation again where the manager may want to get rid of between 10 and 15 of the current 25 man squad, selling players and bringing in new that aren't exactly "better", just different. If we get a new manager, it should be someone able to utilize as much of the existing squad as possible and improve the current style without trying to go back to square one.

The 2nd reason is I dont think Potter has any track record in dealing with the complex situation we find ourselves in. Potter took over at Brighton after they had spent 2 seasons in the top flight, there was no real expectation on him, he finished, 15th, 16th and 9th as Brighton manager. Which was great for them, but if we did that, people would not see that as "success".

I hate the tactics we employ and the style we employ them. I hate the fact that we are asset stripped as a regular necessity.

Unfortunately I cannot think that any manager could see us to the end of this season and do better than Dyche.

We need to fix the off the field malaise that this club is in before a new manager can be brought in to take the football forward. We need to get to BMD and improve our commercials significantly.

Heavy heart but I think Dyche is the right guy for at least the next 15 months

In a heartbeat. The thing with Potter is that his strength is developing players, so whilst we might not get the football of Brighton immediately, he’s is someone who can work with improving the older players we have and develop the kids and bring them through which given the money we don’t have, is exactly what we need.