Would things drastically change if Benitez left tomorrow?

If Benitez left tomorrow and nothing else changed would Everton's fortunes improve?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright Kev, we can bask in our glorious victories against Southampton, Burnley, Brighton and Norwich. Still think we're going to qualify for Europe?
Yep 2 comfortable wins all season - in all competitions from 1 of the highest paid coaches in the league.

Reactions: JLW
Right now this club hasn't got a good enough base of recruitment and top down strategy for literally any manager to come in and do the business.

The best we can hope for is someone who actually wants to be here, can handle fan pressure, will get the players fitter than they have been in years and hopefully make it known to certain players that they have no future here.

Unfortunately, Benitez is one of very few managers who ticks pretty much all of those boxes.

Yep 2 comfortable wins all season - in all competitions from 1 of the highest paid coaches in the league.
Don't get me wrong, we have to beat teams like the ones we did manage a victory against but people like @Kev50 would have us believe we were some sort of high flyers with that sort of record. Easily pleased, I guess.

Right now this club hasn't got a good enough base of recruitment and top down strategy for literally any manager to come in and do the business.

The best we can hope for is someone who actually wants to be here, can handle fan pressure, will get the players fitter than they have been in years and hopefully make it known to certain players that they have no future here.

Unfortunately, Benitez is one of very few managers who ticks pretty much all of those boxes.
It would be nice if we looked like winning a game against anyone but Norwich after September, though. That's the box I would like ticked the most.

Don't get me wrong, we have to beat teams like the ones we did manage a victory against but people like @Kev50 would have us believe we were some sort of high flyers with that sort of record. Easily pleased, I guess.
The voices going to get quieter and quieter the next few weeks. Eyes wide open now for loads that were willing to give him a chance.

Goodison, the match going fans, have been patient with him. We have had a very unfortunate issue with losing both Richie and Dom but his insistence on playing Rondon has seemed ill-judged as he offers very little to nothing. His tendency to have us sitting back, even against less capable teams is frustrating and dangerous. Some of his substitutions don't make sense and have cost us. The zonal marking farce has left us unable to defend properly. We are dangerous on the counter though which is down to him. I'm not sure that he will learn and change as he has a reputation for being stubborn and knowing better than the rest. I'd say the patience at Goodison is wearing thin and will soon turn to its toxic worst if he continues to make the same errors - but he is here now and hopefully when we have Dom and Richie cemented back in the starting line up things will improve. If not it is going to get ugly.

So you really want to risk Duncan’s legend reputation on this current squad.
We have seen how flakey and fickle some blues fans are with the treatment of Benitez after a few bad results even tho he has not had any sort of chance to bring in his own players. I just think Duncan would eventually suffer the same fate only difference he would be given more time before they turned on him.
Why not? These players are awful and he may be able to get some tiny bit of passion out of them? Worth a shot.

Watford walked through us and scored 4 in 12 minutes with ease, and Benitez sat there and did nothing, changed nothing. I was willing to back him up till those 12 minutes, but they showed how gutless he is. Now I long for him to be gone. I would like someone in charge who actually looks loike they give a damn during a game, he does not. Duncan is no wonder cure for this team but at least he has some passion.

My opinion, may be wrong, but how I feel right now.

let's see how far your superfine standards fly Windy after you and the other footballing aristos force out Benitez and we're stuck in the Championship for the foreseeable. You seem to think the only way is up once we dispose of Rafael, I suggest you will be in for a nasty surprise.

let's see how far your superfine standards fly Windy after you and the other footballing aristos force out Benitez and we're stuck in the Championship for the foreseeable. You seem to think the only way is up once we dispose of Rafael, I suggest you will be in for a nasty surprise.

The only way is up if we use common sense.

Trying to claim we would go down if we sacked Benitez is a nonsense point based on a zero evidence. Not credible at all.

When was the last time we went down? Like 60 years ago, and we've had some proper bad teams in that period.

The only way is up if we use common sense.

Trying to claim we would go down if we sacked Benitez is a nonsense point based on a zero evidence. Not credible at all.

When was the last time we went down? Like 60 years ago, and we've had some proper bad teams in that period.
ok, good old fashioned common sense. And who do we appoint when we are in the relegation zone to fish us out?

ok, good old fashioned common sense. And who do we appoint when we are in the relegation zone to fish us out?

We won't be in the relegation zone. We are at that stage of the season where the relegation shouts come every year, and they are always proven to be a complete overrreaction.

Any manager who gets Everton relegated would have carried out one of the poorest jobs in football history. The idea a new manager would take us down is complete rubbish in my opinion.

We won't be in the relegation zone. We are at that stage of the season where the relegation shouts come every year, and they are always proven to be a complete overrreaction.

Any manager who gets Everton relegated would have carried out one of the poorest jobs in football history. The idea a new manager would take us down is complete rubbish in my opinion.
you look at our squad and see only sunlit uplands eh? we've got a good first eleven but it's made of glass and there's nothing underneath, nothing at all

That's not what I think, any change of manager is a risk. However, sticking with what you have got when what you have got isn't working isn't a sensible option. When things get bad you make a change, yes it could get worse but, and this is the important bit, it could get better. Benitez should bear that in mind against Spurs when he selects a 2 man midfield and zonal marking at set pieces. Like he always does. Whether it is working or not. Your comment about the Championship is odd as, with our current trajectory, we'll be there sooner or later with your hero Benitez in charge.

That's not what I think, any change of manager is a risk. However, sticking with what you have got when what you have got isn't working isn't a sensible option. When things get bad you make a change, yes it could get worse but, and this is the important bit, it could get better. Benitez should bear that in mind against Spurs when he selects a 2 man midfield and zonal marking at set pieces. Like he always does. Whether it is working or not. Your comment about the Championship is odd as, with our current trajectory, we'll be there sooner or later with your hero Benitez in charge.
it's not odd at all. you and others are campaigning for his dismissal, if that happens, just watch what happens. you seem to think it's 50/50 better or worse. er, no. We've got big problems, and lucky to have a good manager to sort them out. Put Eddie Howe, or any of the other bums who are available at the moment in charge of this rabble and down the chute we go

Status
Not open for further replies.