Would things drastically change if Benitez left tomorrow?

If Benitez left tomorrow and nothing else changed would Everton's fortunes improve?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh King is not a good player, that is why being beasted by him is embarrassing. He's better than Rondon, mind.
That's my.point, he could of been decent back up, Rondon is agony to watch, but him being at the club is a combination of needing a back up and having no money to spend.
1.7m summer budget, im sure we had more then that back in the Walter Smith days, it's nothing now, and certainly wouldnt bring in a better manager then we got.

I just think Raf needs a fair crack at it. We were paying the best football for years pre-injuries
It was bloody dreadful, we’ve been played of the park in all but 1 game this season, we just had a few good 10 minute spells in the early games where gray would do something or Townsend would score a worldy to get us out the stink. That’s not sustainable

Fair enough, not sure I agree on the football though or blaming injuries.

We started ok, but we were playing poor sides and people got carried away.
no, not true. We were beating Brighton Soton drawing at OT, then once the injuries kicked in losing hand over fist to rubbish like Watford

The sad thing is, whilst I think a manager like Potter might have been tempted to join us in the summer, I don't think that any manager with a brain in his head would join us at this point in time. The pro-Benitez lobby will jump on this with their "I told you so" nonsense but Benitez has clearly been a part of our further decline. If we sack him we would have to look abroad for a progressive manager as any currently plying their trade in England wouldn't touch us with a bargepole.
nonsense. until the injuries kicked in we were doing just fine

Absolutely not

You would still have kenwrong giving his two cents on every major thing going on at this club

A director of football who doesn’t direct anything

Ex Everton crappy players being given important jobs and coaching roles at the club

Coleman will still be our right back and will remain captain despite having the same amount of charisma as the cowardly lion in the wizard of oz

Players would still be starting that wouldnt even get on the bench for a league 2 side

Old crap players will be given a chance ahead of talented youth who have something to prove

Status
Not open for further replies.