Would things drastically change if Benitez left tomorrow?

If Benitez left tomorrow and nothing else changed would Everton's fortunes improve?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The manager is not the problem, but he's absolutely not the solution either. Which is why he needs to replaced as soon as possible

Call me a fool or whatever, but it's delusional to think the club can be successful with this atmosphere around the club and these outdated tactics. Only when the club is united behind a common goal, with clear responsibilities and clear object to be met, will the club start to improve. The first step on that process is a new manager, and the sooner the better. Everyone knows this is never going to work.
I just think Raf needs a fair crack at it. We were paying the best football for years pre-injuries

I just think Raf needs a fair crack at it. We were paying the best football for years pre-injuries

100%

Its almost like a pride thing with some of our fans that they aint proper Bloos if they are seen to give the fella any time/leeway.

Funnily enough my arl fella was/is staunch anti Benitez and wanted Nuno over him and even he text me last night saying that its ultimately the players letting him down which I never expected as thought he would be messaging fat fat sack sack lol

No it wasn't Benitez who is to blame, he wasn't to blame for anything other than the first goal with zonal marking, when your own player passes it to an opposition player what can you do? Gray missing a sitter, plus Holgate didn't help. He wasn't the one who wasted huge amounts of money on Klassen, Sandro, Williams, Bolaise, Tosun, Bernard and plenty of others. Until we just go back to the old way of doing things, where the manager sorts of on pitch matters and higher ups do what they're supposed to do we'll be a mess. Brands and Moshiri are the main culprits for pissing about with huge amounts of money and not bringing in a replacement for DCL, it was obvious if DCL got injured we'd be in trouble.

100%

Its almost like a pride thing with some of our fans that they aint proper Bloos if they are seen to give the fella any time/leeway.

Funnily enough my arl fella was/is staunch anti Benitez and wanted Nuno over him and even he text me last night saying that its ultimately the players letting him down which I never expected as thought he would be messaging fat fat sack sack lol

we definitely had a decent enough start and the Burnley game was in its own way exhilarating but honestly you think it was the best football for years ? We played well in that Burnley game for what about 10 mins & Southampton not an awful lot more . The brighton game was a good performance and I enjoyed United but if we’re being realistic it feels like best football for years is going a little far . For example think we started last season against spurs better if I’m honest for example and I’m certainly not saying that to give ancelotti any credit .

We had a solid start and credit to him but as felt inevitable once it slipped it feels like it’s getting away from him .

Absolutely not.

The division will never be healed between some supporters who were pragmatic and put aside the fact he had previously managed rs in the belief he could improve Everton and from those who wouldn't give him a chance and instead resorted to personal abuse not based on performance but by his previous employers.

Doesn't sit right with me. Fella wants to do a job and is persecuted not because of his ability to do it but because of personal prejudice. Imagine hounding someone out of a job because they were black or Jewish, this is the level some people are at in my eyes.
Spare me the Helen Lovejoy like hysterics, and pack away the violin. We didn't want him here, because the man is a has been dinosaur, who's also a hero of our biggest rivals. This man also insulted this club. Yes you're right, i suppose there was a bit of prejudice there, but i don't apologise to anyone for that. Your hero is a fraud. You picked the wrong side, and you lost. So suck it up buddy. :D Oh and btw dry your eyes out m8.

Last edited:
Players still be gash, but someone like Duncan going in charge may bring out some passion.
So you really want to risk Duncan’s legend reputation on this current squad.
We have seen how flakey and fickle some blues fans are with the treatment of Benitez after a few bad results even tho he has not had any sort of chance to bring in his own players. I just think Duncan would eventually suffer the same fate only difference he would be given more time before they turned on him.

Doubt it

The squad is still the squad and I almost think the fan division would get worse if he went now because the Benitez fans would be out for blood when the new manager came in
If the Benitez fans don't like it, there is 91 other clubs in the professional football pyramid, for them to support instead.

Last edited:
100%

Yeh, Raf could win the world cup with Everton and there'd still be people calling him out

This is a big problem, Moyes was on record as saying that we used to make sure that our signings had the right character for the club and that seems to have gone out of the window since. However, a big part of modern management is managing the millionaire playboys that the modern players are. This seems a task that Benitez, among many other older managers, seem unsuited to. Unity in any organisation has to be led from the top.
I’ll be honest, I’m firmly in the ‘they don’t need pussie footing around’ camp.

I wouldn’t massage their ego.

Spare me the Helen Lovejoy like hysterics, and pack away the violin. We didn't want him here, because the man is a has been dinosaur, who's also a hero of our biggest rivals. This man also insulted this club. Yes you're right, i suppose there was a bit of prejudice there, but i don't apologise to anyone for that. Your hero is a fraud. You picked the wrong side, and you lost. So suck it up buddy. :D Oh and btw dry your eyes out m8.

I have no emotional attachment to Benitez. If he doesn't bring success I want him gone. Only a simpleton would not take into consideration a person has to have the appropriate time and resources to bring about change and succeed in their role.

"This man insulted this club."

This is the childlike grudge held by morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.