Would things drastically change if Benitez left tomorrow?

If Benitez left tomorrow and nothing else changed would Everton's fortunes improve?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did and we were. We're worse now than even at the end of last season and there's only one variable that has changed.
That's harsh. First games were ok + injuries to key players (Carlo had them too, but not to the same extent & all at the same time).

Can you really fault him for trying Gbamin yesterday?

Buying out his contract will cost millions. Bite the bullet for now. Changing managers again won't solve anything.

Wrong again, we are better now then the end of the last season, 3 points of Europe and 6 off the champions league, last season we were 6 of Europe and 8 off the CL, so again you are wrong
Divide those totals by the number of games and get back to me, or do you think we will continue to accrue points at exactly the same rate as the teams above us? It is really quite simple maths.

That's harsh. First games were ok + injuries to key players (Carlo had them too, but not to the same extent & all at the same time).

Can you really fault him for trying Gbamin yesterday?

Buying out his contract will cost millions. Bite the bullet for now. Changing managers again won't solve anything.
If we don't change soon it might be too late. We got beasted, at home, by Josh King, of Watford.

Definitely.
At least three matches and maybe two months.
It is called honeymoon period.
Then we will start to complain again lol

You`ve got to ask yourself, is this a long term appointment? Where is the vision for the future? Rafael is nearly 62 years old and I would suggest out of touch with the modern game, tactics are akin to those of Mourinho, Allardyce and Ancelotti in that they conceded ground and possession (Park the bus), managers that have and will continue to struggle in the era of the high press. That is best demonstrated by all these managers lack of winning anything for a very long time. All these managers are considered "Dinosaurs" and I would suggest that is correct, they haven`t moved on and still believe their way will bring success.

I`ve always wanted the best that is on offer, after it was obvious we weren`t getting any of the top class managers I`d have been happy with Moyes (Safe pair of hands and doesnt suffer fools) or a Graham Potter type, a long term forward thinking modern manager. I have to be honest I wasnt keen on Potter but he is proving himself yet again with very average players.

But lets not fool ourselves here, the problem isn`t just the manager although you could point towards his selections and tactics, the club is in a mess from top to bottom.

Moshiri needs to let the football people run the club, keep his views and nose out of it. Just supply the cash and employ competent individuals, not ex blues who are part of the most undesirable part of the clubs history.

Brands needs to be pushed upstairs as a director or booted on and leave this DoF position for someone proven in the role and with a proven track record of scouting players who will make a difference for both the 1st team and youth sides. Someone who make the best use of the scouting network and grow it. Brands has had a go and failed, just like Walsh.

Benitez is an outdated manager and I dont see any longevity about his reign at Goodison, we arent getting top class managers so lets get Potter who is proving himself and getting rave reviews as a visionary from other managers like Guardiola. Obviously the manager will pick the best coaches and back room staff.

1st team squad, no secret that this just isnt good enough. Let the long term manager pick who he wants or identifies the "type" of player he wants and the DoF and Scouts scour the globe to find young hungry players to add to our squad. Focus should be on athleticism and pace, very important in the modern game.

Academy, clearly this is not working at present, when was the last time we brought through a player who was 1st team quality? Arguably Barkley, players like Kenny and Davies do not fit in to this category. The attributes for players being brought through should match close to what the 1st team manager sets out or have potential to fit the mould, so to speak. Is our scouting network identifying the best talent in this country or even locally? Liverpool`s current batch is superb and not all are from the city. The DoF and scouting network should be bringing in players with exceptional talent to push the academy players and teams.

Finch Farm Staff, have we got the best doctors, physios, sports science and performance analysts? Again DoF should be involved in the recruitment of the best possible back up staff for 1st team and academy.

We need a complete overhaul, no more "job for the boys" let them be matchday hospitality or after dinner speakers, leave the elite football coaching to the elite coaches. Time to get more professional and have the feel of an elite club looking to head to the top of the elite game.

Just my take.....

Our club's rotten to the core.

The FSW is doing himself no favours a t the minute, but in the wider scheme of things it's not his fault.

We didn't defend well under Carlo for any stretch where we carried an attack.

Yeah and then he found the right balance for those players. Sure it was very dull but we were competitive. Nothing wrong with winning 1 nil.

This season we are very uncompetitive. 5 losses in 7, only 1 win. It's extremely bad form considering we've hardly played anyone of note.

I maintain that we are considerably worse organised this season, even ignoring the enormous set play problem

Status
Not open for further replies.