Would a Fan "board" be helpful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrD

Player Valuation: £10m
Does anyone think that a decent sized fan presence on the board would keep these mega rich tycoons who know nothing about football in check?
Surely a touch of reality from the fans, who are the most knowledgeable of Evertonians would prevent the constant calamity that befalls the club.

Not saying it would change the decisions but having the people represented by anyone other than Bill "I used to sit in the Kop" Kenwright would be better.

Always been a supporter of this. Fan board should be mandatory for every english club. On top of that they should limit how many foreign players can be included in a matchday squad. A lot of clubs are being taken over by the super rich who need a place to diversify their money. The qatari state spends billions per year on monuments just so that they can fight off inflation. Football is becoming or has become a political and financial farce.

Ive got £10 does that get me in? In all seriousness though I think its a great idea. We just need to raise £400m and we will own it. Truly the peoples club.

Go on then, I'll be on it.

I went to one (1) game in 1999 and I was meant to go to a league cup game a few years ago but I was on a bad comedown so I didn't bother.

Fans are idiots.

Then again so are owners.

Joking aside (ish) no fan group can represent everyone. What is a fan group going to say other than "spend more and be boss" anyway? That's all any fan wants.

Does anyone think that a decent sized fan presence on the board would keep these mega rich tycoons who know nothing about football in check?
Surely a touch of reality from the fans, who are the most knowledgeable of Evertonians would prevent the constant calamity that befalls the club.

Not saying it would change the decisions but having the people represented by anyone other than Bill "I used to sit in the Kop" Kenwright would be better.

The last thing we need in the boardroom is a stabbing...

Status
Not open for further replies.