Would A European Super LEague Be Good For Someone Like Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillLovesRoo

Player Valuation: £6m
A European Super League is often scoffed at and people usually look at that happening as possibly the end of football.
Europes elite clubs, joining a league together, invitation only down to stature or how much money you have.

The question is "would it really be that bad a thing for us?"

Lets say if one formed, the clubs from england you would shortlist for the league would be Man Utd (history), Liverpool (history), Man City (money), Chelsea (money), and to a certain extent maybe arsenal (stadium, longevity in champions league) and spurs ( an up and coming club). But lets leave it at the 4 i mentioned, that 4 would leave our league and go and play your real madrids, barcelonas, AC Milans, Juventus'.

Yes it would be the elite competition and im guessing these clubs would get richer, stronger and also get the elite players. But is that any different to how it is now?

We have lost our best players over the years to these clubs (Arteta, Rooney, Fellaini, Stones, Lescott, Lukaku) because the players see the champions league as the golden challice, that again wouldnt change.

Our money would decrease aas the newly formed 16 team premier league may not have the pull, but for the local fan, the football purist would we have a more competitive enviroment?

Clubs could focus more on youth development, building a team, having a MO and still be competitive,

The unique selling point would be "we are the real football" not the big uefa cog that is all about the dollor.
Yes we would still lose players every now and then but we would be competitive, we would have the hope.

Or am i just talking out my behind

A European Super League is often scoffed at and people usually look at that happening as possibly the end of football.
Europes elite clubs, joining a league together, invitation only down to stature or how much money you have.

The question is "would it really be that bad a thing for us?"

Lets say if one formed, the clubs from england you would shortlist for the league would be Man Utd (history), Liverpool (history), Man City (money), Chelsea (money), and to a certain extent maybe arsenal (stadium, longevity in champions league) and spurs ( an up and coming club). But lets leave it at the 4 i mentioned, that 4 would leave our league and go and play your real madrids, barcelonas, AC Milans, Juventus'.

Yes it would be the elite competition and im guessing these clubs would get richer, stronger and also get the elite players. But is that any different to how it is now?

We have lost our best players over the years to these clubs (Arteta, Rooney, Fellaini, Stones, Lescott, Lukaku) because the players see the champions league as the golden challice, that again wouldnt change.

Our money would decrease aas the newly formed 16 team premier league may not have the pull, but for the local fan, the football purist would we have a more competitive enviroment?

Clubs could focus more on youth development, building a team, having a MO and still be competitive,

The unique selling point would be "we are the real football" not the big uefa cog that is all about the dollor.
Yes we would still lose players every now and then but we would be competitive, we would have the hope.

Or am i just talking out my behind
We could be best of the rest, so nothing really changes, we might win a cup tho.

As disappointing as it is struggling to compete against the top 5 or 6, this for me would truly be the end of us as any sort of big club. Winning the league without those clubs still in the league would be an irrelevant achievement, a slight step up from winning the Chanpionship and bragging about it.

As hopeless as things may seem, it is less than 2 years since Leicester City won the league. Any team in the top flight has a chance of challenging for the title. Every single one. Is it likely...no, but not impossible.

Leicester ripped up the so called 'rulebook' that no one can possibly challenge the SKY elite.

I hope it happens and goes tits up so those clubs have to come crawling back and beg for a place back in the top flight of English football.

Aside from Everton my love for football has all but diminished and I couldn't really give a toss what they do now, it's swamped by corrupt greedy greasy fat [Poor language removed] and at least if the bubble burst a few of those might shuffle off.

I can't remember what my point was but Paulo Fonseca is the answer to all life's problems.

Aside from Everton my love for football has all but diminished and I couldn't really give a toss what they do now, it's swamped by corrupt greedy greasy fat [Poor language removed] and at least if the bubble burst a few of those might shuffle off.

You've been making a lot of real, pertinent points lately, are you sure you're okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.