Worst Premier League ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUBlue

Player Valuation: £225k
I'm starting to think this is the worst standard of PL ever.
We are universally and correctly considered to be awful and yet we are still
9th.
City have wiped the floor with almost everyone but other top 6 sides have been inconsistent.
Truly great games have been in extremely short supply.
Can fans of any sides other than City, Burnley, perhaps Leicester and a midtable Huddersfield say they're actually enjoying themselves and their side is living up to expectations?

I was talking to my colleague about this only the other day.

The gap between the current top 6 and everyone else is as wide as it's ever been and it's become painfully apparent this season. People often talk about the PL being the 'most competitive' league in the world when it's been looking anything but recently.

It's literally the top 6 and then everyone else... including us. I mean just fact that we are still in the top 10 given the relevant proximity of everyone else below us points-wise is a damning indictment of the current state of the division. It's actually laughable.

9th
City have wiped the floor with almost everyone but other top 6 sides have been inconsistent.
Can fans of any sides other than City, Burnley, perhaps Leicester and a midtable Huddersfield say they're actually enjoying themselves and their side is living up to expectations?

What makes it even more baffling mate is, we're actually the worst team to watch in the prem.

We're the worst side in the league.

The only reason we're 9th is because we have a smattering of quality in the squad that can be match winners on their day. So even the likes of Sigurdsson, who has been hideous his entire time here, has scored three in the league for us. Niasse is a finisher but a terrible footballer, so he still grabs goals. Rooney had a purple patch, and so on. The teams in 15th-20th don't have this; they are universally substandard and don't have matchwinners.

Take West Brom today. They were comfortably the better side, but we still took the point.

But in terms of effort, ambition and cohesion, we are the very worst team in this league and it's a blessing that the standard of the league is as low as it is, as we totally, totally deserve relegation.

9th.

FS is our manager mate and we’re crap.

Yes mate. However the one when Leicester won must go down as a bad one. Winning the league with Morgan and huth in your team explains why.

Think most leagues are the same. Barcelona and PSG are both rompin there leagues.

Whatever league we are in, we would still be crap anyway.

I was talking to my colleague about this only the other day.

The gap between the current top 6 and everyone else is as wide as it's ever been and it's become painfully apparent this season. People often talk about the PL being the 'most competitive' league in the world when it's been looking anything but recently.

It's literally the top 6 and then everyone else... including us. I mean just fact that we are still in the top 10 given the relevant proximity of everyone else below us points-wise is a damning indictment of the current state of the division. It's actually laughable.

I think the most competitive league thing is on comparison to Spain, France, Germany and increasingly Italy where there's maximum 1/2 clubs likely to win the league. We've got 3 with three others who like to pretend. Great huh?

We're the worst side in the league.

The only reason we're 9th is because we have a smattering of quality in the squad that can be match winners on their day. So even the likes of Sigurdsson, who has been hideous his entire time here, has scored three in the league for us. Niasse is a finisher but a terrible footballer, so he still grabs goals. Rooney had a purple patch, and so on. The teams in 15th-20th don't have this; they are universally substandard and don't have matchwinners.

Take West Brom today. They were comfortably the better side, but we still took the point.

But in terms of effort, ambition and cohesion, we are the very worst team in this league and it's a blessing that the standard of the league is as low as it is, as we totally, totally deserve relegation.
Yes
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES

..it’s not good. The gap between the top and bottom seems to be a gulf, but not long ago it was more condensed.

Clearly money plays a part but more important is how you spend the money. We’ve generally spent well but ironically have failed to do so since Moshiri came in. Blame Moshiri for appointing Koeman and Walsh. Blame Koeman and Walsh for our predicament.

I mean Leicester winning the league was less than 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.