worst PL season as a blue?

is this the worst premiere league season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had we not got Carlo, then this season would be one of the worst but for me:

Mike Walker v Kendall 3rd Spell

Mere years before we had a team that competed for silverware then bang these two came in and sorry Howard, they should never have been near a club like Everton at that time in their career.

Regarding Smith, I always felt he was a striker away from a truly good side we bought Bakayoko for £4.5m instead of getting Kevin Campbell or Van Hooijdonk from Forest who we got linked to at the time.

We got Campbell at the right and wrong time because he would have been wonderful with a peak Ferguson but that's the case with Everton for the last 25 years.

Absolutely no way is this the worst Premier League season as Blue. Couldn't really care less what's happening at other clubs.

The 97/98 season was by far a worse season as that utter garbage Everton side only survived 'kin relegation on goal difference on the final day of the season. This is a terrible side but that team in HK's third spell was total garbage and really should've gone down if I'm totally honest.

Last edited:
Absolutely no way is this the worst Premier League season as Blue. Couldn't really care less what's happening at other clubs.

The 97/98 season was by far a worse season as that utter garbage Everton side only survived 'kin relegation on goal difference on the final day of the season. This is a terrible side but that team in HK's third spell was total garbage and really should've gone down if I'm totally honest.
I was in the street end right behind Gareth Farrelly as he lined up his shot and remember screaming "don't shoot".

The spectre of real, last game of the season relegation, is where you have to go to be talking about worst PL season. The last few seasons have been bad, but not really near that. We might have been close to the relegation zone in November, but we've been well away from it by March.
The 97/98 felt like the end of an era in many ways, Southall going, Hinchcliffe, then Speed, plus we had no money. When I look back now I don't know how Howard kept us up

Years under Walter Smith, Howard Kendall II and III were worse, Koeman and Allardyce also. :(

Not a worst finishing position no.
But when you look at what the club is about, School of Science, Peoples Club. It's been shocking. Half arsed performance from players. No determination from the board to push for at least Europe or domestic cups.
I'm from Southampton, and I've always hated the club because the fans think they're such a great team but there bang average if that, and we honestly are falling in that direction. All my friends when growing up through the late 00s and early 10s wondered why the hell I supported everton, why I didn't just support saints or the classic big six glory hunter teams, it's because they played good football, and enjoyable to watch, yes we wearnt winning anything then, but we were competitive, playing in Europe, had passionate quality players, and I'd love the anticipation of making the 500 mile round trip to goodison to see that team, now I can't even stand to watch us play on tv.
You got players like sigurdson standing around the centre circle pointing and telling defenders where to pass like he's some boss player, he's a number 10 that receives the ball in the middle third and passes it backwards, it's embarrassing that we've been beaten at home by all 3 clubs that came up from the championship last season, and put in performances like today against a relegated team.

Been watching since 04-05, maybe not the worst as 17/18 was atrocious but that was mostly b/c of gravy fartz. but surely the most disapointing. I can tolerate losing if I know the players are giving it all.

We have a good manager now and some good players. For now the goal is keeping the players you could build around here, b/c other clubs know how toxic we've been and are coming w/ bids.

I wouldn't say 'worst' per se, but certainly one of the most disheartening and empathetic. It's been a season that's utterly compounded just how badly things have been run at the club over the last few years.

Next season is last chance saloon for me personally, and that's only because of Carlo Ancelotti. If he can't improve us then we may as well just pack it all in.

Feel similar to this.

Sometimes this season I've wondered what the point is. Disheartening is the word. Awful football, awful players of which very few seem to care. Can't blame Baines for packing it in, I want to as well.

Perhaps everything is compounded by the fact the neighbours are doing so well. It's been a grim couple of years.

Yet in the misery of this season there is a green shoot that is Ancelotti. He gives me a bit of hope there is a future. Might not be a quick fix but long term things could get much better.

This season;

we've been poo
Rs won the league
Villa, Newcastle and west ham survive
Leeds promoted

Is it the worst so far for a blue?

Worst season ever for this particular Blue.

And I just don’t mean the PL era.

It was totally devoid of interest, passion and optimism for the future,

Not one memorable game, save for the Duncan game versus Chelsea.

Season ended in first weekend of January, as per usual these days.

VA pigging R has taken the instant joy of scoring a goal out of the game....even if a goal is non controversial one is looking to the ref before going wild (sadly I ignored by own newly acquired habit v United and was brought back to earth with a bump).

Then along comes COVID and this rotten season drags out until the end of July....EFC ruining weekends in June and July is certainly unprecedented.

And to top it all off, that hateful shower saunter their way to lifting the Title.

Nah I think we stayed up on points mate, remember us taking a tonking 5 something by City (as in old City) on the last day. WeirdIy remember Super Lee Carsley scoring.

Actually it was Kevin Campbell that scored our consolation in that infamous 5-1 defeat at a garbage City side in 2004, not Carsley. It was Campbell's last goal for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.