worst PL season as a blue?

is this the worst premiere league season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say 100% yes.

Not due to Everton being garbage and the spawn of satan winning this joke league.
But the introduction of VAR, another tool to help the SKY darlings. But more importantly...
The season being halted by an uncontrollable pandemic that saw countless thousands loose their lives, businesses and education, yet the powers that be were hellbent on finishing a game of kicking a ball into a net. In front of 0 fans, the thing that we all believe to be the most important part of this sporting charade. That tells you all you need to know about were the 'game' and indeed society in general is heading. Money first.

The whole thing stinks.

Well said.

No it wasn't a 1993/1994 or 1997/1998! This season was over in March. It should never have been resumed. But we have so many wasters in this squad. So many mercenaries. Christ we were bad in the Walter Smith days, but at least you got the feeling that the players cared about the club and the shirt. We have the right manager, but turning us around will be the biggest challenge of Carlo Ancelottis career. This is a club that has been badly mismanaged for the past 33 years. So many of the current squad just aren't fit for purpose.

Will he be given the right backing by the board? Will Marcel Brands get the right player in? Spending 30 million on the likes of that Iwobi fella, wouldn't exactly fill you with confidence. A team that gives it's all every week next season, and a season not over in January, would be a start, in the long road of getting Everton back to where it belongs. But football is an irrelevance right now sadly. That shower of scum winning the league, and a deadly disease plaguing the planet. These are bleak times indeed.

Last edited:
There’s being poor because your player are poor but on the whole they try.

Then there’s being poor because your players couldn’t care less, in that sense it’s been one of the worst.

...football didn’t start with the PL, if you lived through Wimbledon & Coventry you know how bad things can really get.
True but they both ended in euphoria!

This season just ended in relief that it was over.

Alot of people saying quite recent years, I was born in the early 80s and having lived through the 90s I can assure you all that no season in the last 20 years has been our worst, a season when you don't know if you have avoided relegation until the final whistle in the final game of the season is worse than anything we've endured recently.

I do feel it's the worst, even allowing for the 90s.

Maybe it's just the cumulative effects of everything since 2014 and the false dawns and false hope.

We had the cup win in 95 and still had a sense of unity as a team, we were more competitive in the Derby.

I feel very dejected now, we are fast losing respect as a club that should be taken seriously.

It's hard to see where we go long-term, but Ancelotti and the stadium are what we have to cling to.

it's confusing people as we had such hope going into this one. At the back end of last season we put together a run that showed we could be right in the mix but of course it was just an apparition.

The period before that was every bit as bad as this season, in fact probably worse as we didn't know where the next result was coming from. Since we booted Silva out we have been picking up results, just erratically. You can't tell what we're going to do one week to the next.

I think VAR and covid have a lot to do with why this season feels so draining and them lot winning doesn't help either. We've also lost a number of games at Goodison that are fast running out. All in all makes it feel worse than it actually is.

This has been the first season where I’ve got really slack and not bothered watching a ton of matches. I don’t know if it’s the worst in terms of quality of football but every season up to now I’ve watched more or less every match that I can but now I’m at the stage where I’m actively choosing to do something else on some match days.

With regards to VAR, I’m not arsed about it in the slightest and think its miles down the list of things ruining football.

It has turned out that the inability to attend the matches has been a blessing in disguise.
Distance has somewhat numbed my discontent .
Hopefully by the time we are allowed back in the grounds we will have turned the corner.
About a season should do it.

...all top flight football to me, but those days were much worst.
I remember going to Coventry for a night match under Kendall in the league cup losing 4-1. I seem to remember Kendall telling one of the players to go and applaud those of us lucky enough to attend and them arguing on the pitch. Those were worse times

Status
Not open for further replies.