Worst Everton XI the last 15 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

These are the only parts of your post that I read.

Forza Straq

Denis-Stracqualursi_2717747.jpg

Loved the fella.

He knew he wasn't up to the standard, but tried to overcome it by sheer effort. I've never seen any player chase lost balls like the Straq. Imagine being a defender knowing that you're never going to get a moments peace as some deranged South American is going to come flying in. Put some of the more gifted players to shame. The term mad dog was invented for him. No way should he be in this list.

Loved the fella.

He knew he wasn't up to the standard, but tried to overcome it by sheer effort. I've never seen any player chase lost balls like the Straq. Imagine being a defender knowing that you're never going to get a moments peace as some deranged South American is going to come flying in. Put some of the more gifted players to shame. The term mad dog was invented for him. No way should he be in this list.
The man is a hero.

The letter he sent to the fans after his loan spell ended nearly made me cry.

Love him.

Loved the fella.

This should never be underestimated. The guy was not a very skillfull attacker. But this sort of pressure really threw defenders and made more opportunities for the better players in our team.

The Straq is the epitome of 'cult hero', if you ask me. The player we would all be, if we were given the chance right now.

Was gutted when he didn't stay. The look on his face when he scored his first goal is burnt into my brain. He looked like he was going to explode he was that happy !

I dunno. Looking back, it was for the best that he left when he did. He revitalised the team in terms of putting a shift in, but he wasn't good enough long term to deserve a proper contract.

Sounds like he went on to have a pretty successful career for himself, playing at his more appropriate level.

This should never be underestimated. The guy was not a very skillfull attacker. But this sort of pressure really threw defenders and made more opportunities for the better players in our team.

The Straq is the epitome of 'cult hero', if you ask me. The player we would all be, if we were given the chance right now.
Nailed it. Absolutely loved that guy. Want him back tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.