World Rhino Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Wayne

Player Valuation: £100m
Post up your favourite memories of Unsworth. Whether it's his deadly penalties, his month long spell at At Least We're Not Villa or his creation of the best youth team in the history of the world. Rhino, we salute you.

45662575_hughesunsworth282.jpg

It is actually World Rhino Day ffs - http://www.worldrhinoday.org/

Post up your favourite memories of Unsworth. Whether it's his deadly penalties, his month long spell at At Least We're Not Villa or his creation of the best youth team in the history of the world. Rhino, we salute you.

45662575_hughesunsworth282.jpg

It is actually World Rhino Day ffs - http://www.worldrhinoday.org/

We should merely celebrate the fact he is a big Evertonian (In every sense of the word) and we are fortunate that he is instilling in our youngsters exactly what it means to represent our club, he has surely got to be given the opportunity of being our next manager when the time comes.

We should merely celebrate the fact he is a big Evertonian (In every sense of the word) and we are fortunate that he is instilling in our youngsters exactly what it means to represent our club, he has surely got to be given the opportunity of being our next manager when the time comes.
Not a chance in hell that unsworth should be our next manager. He is doing a great job with the u'23s but managing a premier league team is not comparable.

Not a chance in hell that unsworth should be our next manager. He is doing a great job with the u'23s but managing a premier league team is not comparable.

So you are saying he doesn't deserve the opportunity? I am not advocating getting rid of RonKo but why not break the mould when the time comes,he is serving somewhat of an apprenticeship at the moment, he knows the club inside out, he is a relatively young coach who has actually won a trophy with us, he is worth a punt IMO.

Rhino's testimonial against Bilbao was one of the first games I remember going to. We lost of course. 1-0.

Also, 100% win rate as Everton manager, averaging 3 goals per game. What a guy.

The one penalty he missed that almost broke the crossbar.

...I think it might have been Kanchelskis who went on to score the first goal that day, whoever it was I backed him so that miss is a fond memory.

I have no particularly good feeling for Unsworth the player, he was ok and I remember his only international appearance against Japan. I don't think he was international level.

I think Unsworth is a far better coach than footballer. Teams like Man City and Chelsea have better individual players than we have at youth level but Unsworth has installed a real team ethic that is unique. This really shouldn't be underestimated, building such camaraderie amongst young professionals who are ultimately competing against each other for lucrative but limited contracts is no mean feat.

I'm always reluctant about youth coaches making the step up, I remember Colin Harvey unable to make the transition. Key is lack of evidence in the transfer market but this becomes less significant with the appointment of a DoF, and his recommendation of Calvert-Lewin to the Board is already bearing fruit.

Calls for him to be next cab on the rank might not be as daft as they once appeared.

So you are saying he doesn't deserve the opportunity? I am not advocating getting rid of RonKo but why not break the mould when the time comes,he is serving somewhat of an apprenticeship at the moment, he knows the club inside out, he is a relatively young coach who has actually won a trophy with us, he is worth a punt IMO.
no mate . An u'23 success is great . Bringing the kids through is great . But if he wants to step up he needs experience in the lower leagues first . Imo . And btw I love unsworth.

...I think it might have been Kanchelskis who went on to score the first goal that day, whoever it was I backed him so that miss is a fond memory.

I have no particularly good feeling for Unsworth the player, he was ok and I remember his only international appearance against Japan. I don't think he was international level.

I think Unsworth is a far better coach than footballer. Teams like Man City and Chelsea have better individual players than we have at youth level but Unsworth has installed a real team ethic that is unique. This really shouldn't be underestimated, building such camaraderie amongst young professionals who are ultimately competing against each other for lucrative but limited contracts is no mean feat.

I'm always reluctant about youth coaches making the step up, I remember Colin Harvey unable to make the transition. Key is lack of evidence in the transfer market but this becomes less significant with the appointment of a DoF, and his recommendation of Calvert-Lewin to the Board is already bearing fruit.

Calls for him to be next cab on the rank might not be as daft as they once appeared.

Colin Harvey was also a tad unfortunate in following hot on the heels of that halcyon period under Howard Kendall with no European Cup campaign for the club to partake in.
And much as we all loved him as a player, Peter Reid was never going to be the same for Colin as he was for Howie.

Status
Not open for further replies.