Match Thread Wolves v Everton, Sat 11/8/18 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
The teams coming up from the Championship with the reputation for "playing footbal" are invariably soft touches. Wolves look like that to me.

We looked ok against a very good team last week in the last preseason game. We'll be ok there tomorrow. Draw minimum.

Is right Dave, we’ll smash these pending tier 2’s tomoz.

The good thing is, all those boring park-the-fat-bus nil nil draws will be far behind us. Expecting goals galore this season, hopefully with the much bigger number in the "for" column than the against.

I don't know enough about Wolves to tip a result, but I think Everton should have enough to get something out of
it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jagielka and Baines do OK if they play and I hope they do, especially as they're not
likely to be regulars anymore. They've both been top class in their years here and I think the disrespectful and insulting
way they've been spoken about on this forum is a disgrace.

Would absolutely take a draw

Me too. But the next four games - Southampton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, and West Ham, and only Bournemouth of those that are away, minimum three wins and a draw I'd be hoping for. Which would leave us with 11 points from the first 5 games - a brilliant start for the Silva & Brands era.

COYB!

I don't know enough about Wolves to tip a result, but I think Everton should have enough to get something out of
it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jagielka and Baines do OK if they play and I hope they do, especially as they're not
likely to be regulars anymore. They've both been top class in their years here and I think the disrespectful and insulting
way they've been spoken about on this forum is a disgrace.

I don't think anyone seriously doubts they've been good servants of the club mate (DaveK aside). But Father Time has well and truly caught up with both. In fact it caught up with Jags two years ago at least.

Baines was top class in his prime, and he'll always be one of my favourite Everton players. Jags has been a good reliable player, nothing much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.