Wolverhampton Wanderers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we may well start with 3-5-2.
I think the manager may recognise that we cannot hold our own in midfield with just two.
In recent games we have improved when our formation changed to 352 from 442.

I am assuming Holgate is fit , if not Seamus drops into a middle three and Sidibe starts at wing back.

Pickford

Seamus
Holgate
Keane
Mina
Digne

Davies
Sigurdsson
Gordon

DCL
Richarlison.

If Walcott is fit, he could start ahead of Gordon.

I think we may well start with 3-5-2.
I think the manager may recognise that we cannot hold our own in midfield with just two.
In recent games we have improved when our formation changed to 352 from 442.

I am assuming Holgate is fit , if not Seamus drops into a middle three and Sidibe starts at wing back.

Pickford

Seamus
Holgate
Keane
Mina
Digne

Davies
Sigurdsson
Gordon

DCL
Richarlison.

If Walcott is fit, he could start ahead of Gordon.
I agree this formation has looked the best at disguising our frailty in the midfield right now.

Christ, I know you lot haven’t had the best of seasons but I didn’t realise there was so much antipathy to so many of your players.

Wolves in the Championship for god knows how long are one of the few examples of a club that had money thrown at it and failed dismallly. Jack Hayward ruined his family relations trying to get us promoted, even threatening legal action against his son for unauthorised bonuses. Club bought random players and loads of managers.

You seem to be doing the same, but on a much bigger scale in the premier league. Having wealthy owners hasn’t helped you, you’ve been scalped by Ajax/Arsenal/Watford/Swansea for bang average players at ridiculous prices.

We messed around with managers until we brought in Nuno with his complete back room staff and let them get on with it and we have now got a structured style of play running throughout the club - doesn’t always work but we’ve got brilliant spirit and quality young players who are being developed.

Last 2 games we’ve been poor, and front 3 look jaded, so expecting a score draw here. Anything else a bonus. 6th place at best, but Europa league to come.

COYW

Often the games you think you will lose you don't...

So maybe an away win & the double over Wolves this season...

...no idea what Everton team will turn up, can’t be optimistic but we have Ancelotti who is making us difficult to beat and we have Richarlison.

It will be 3-0 to them there is no way we get anything from this match. They’re good and we’re not simple as that

Status
Not open for further replies.