Wolverhampton Wanderers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha.

It'll be just like me to open my big gob too soon.
One down
6A66C375-4719-4E63-960E-E5A4876FA6EF.png

Oh well - there’s always next season

Season after you mean fella lol

I'll be honest - you've hit the 7th place glass ceiling we know only too well in this FFP controlled game.

Jimenez soon 30

Moutinho another year closer to retirement

The manager in his final year of his contract

Needing to post a profit FFP speaking before next years accounts

I think if Wolves dont break the top 6 next season it could all start going wrong.

Even when we were finishing 7th most seasons with little competition around us after 2-3 good seasons we would hit the inevitable blimp - if you can come out of it or go the way clubs like Southampton, Stoke and Watford have after a few good seasons is the question however.

Season after you mean fella lol

I'll be honest - you've hit the 7th place glass ceiling we know only too well in this FFP controlled game.

Jimenez soon 30

Moutinho another year closer to retirement

The manager in his final year of his contract

Needing to post a profit FFP speaking before next years accounts

I think if Wolves dont break the top 6 next season it could all start going wrong.

Even when we were finishing 7th most seasons with little competition around us after 2-3 good seasons we would hit the inevitable blimp - if you can come out of it or go the way clubs like Southampton, Stoke and Watford have after a few good seasons is the question however.
Fair point, well made

Understand where you’re coming from - but the FFP is a UEFA issue only, not Premier League. Small fine and transfer plans unaffected. Relates to the season we got promoted when we made a £50m loss.

Since return from lockdown, we’ve got progressively tired and conceded late goals. Small squad to blame.

May well be in danger of Jimenez/Traore/Nevez being picked off - will all be down to how well we recruit thereafter.

To be honest, top 10 and pushing for top 6 would be will be fine for most of us. Just hope the China issues don’t result in Fosun walking away.

how about you guys for next year? Looks like you’re really unhappy with defence and midfield, assume you’ll need to be spending !! Top half the target?

Fair point, well made

Understand where you’re coming from - but the FFP is a UEFA issue only, not Premier League. Small fine and transfer plans unaffected. Relates to the season we got promoted when we made a £50m loss.

Since return from lockdown, we’ve got progressively tired and conceded late goals. Small squad to blame.

May well be in danger of Jimenez/Traore/Nevez being picked off - will all be down to how well we recruit thereafter.

To be honest, top 10 and pushing for top 6 would be will be fine for most of us. Just hope the China issues don’t result in Fosun walking away.

how about you guys for next year? Looks like you’re really unhappy with defence and midfield, assume you’ll need to be spending !! Top half the target?

Think it depends who we get in mate - Richarlison, Digne & Holgate are literally the only players good enough to be challenging for Europe with the likes of Gomes/ Pickford/Keane/Mina decent but inconsistent on their day.

I think if we can bring in 4-5 and hope Gbamin gets fully fit and performs well / Moise Kean can continue to develop then I think 7th has to be the aim next season.

I think its gonna take atleast 2 summer windows of adequate recruitment before we can talk about challenging the top 6.

Think it depends who we get in mate - Richarlison, Digne & Holgate are literally the only players good enough to be challenging for Europe with the likes of Gomes/ Pickford/Keane/Mina decent but inconsistent on their day.

I think if we can bring in 4-5 and hope Gbamin gets fully fit and performs well / Moise Kean can continue to develop then I think 7th has to be the aim next season.

I think its gonna take atleast 2 summer windows of adequate recruitment before we can talk about challenging the top 6.
Agree with the first three totally - I’d add Gomes, class player just needs to get fit. Think Moise Kean has the makings of a real player as well. You should be challenging for Europe, interesting to see how your recruitment goes under Ancelotti. Got the financial backing, got the support, great manager, challenge for him is to build a team rather than managing an existing team of great players.

we’re being linked with Idrissa Gueye - any good? £30m apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.