Wolverhampton Wanderers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot all about the game to be honest, and only found out the score when I returned from a pleasurable walk on what is a lovely sunny Sunday. Watched some highlights and once again it looked like we struggled against opponents who know how to quickly, accurately, and efficiently move the ball around the pitch. It seemed like we had a bit of spell but didn't look like causing Wolves any real problems.

The good news is, Carlo Ancelotti will know exactly what he needs to do, who needs to go/stay, and who needs to come in. The bad news is, it will take a few 'Windows' to get there. Patience will be needed for the rebuild, but I'm not so sure it will be shown.

I'm one of the lucky ones who was at work. The table does lie, we have no business being as high as 11th.

Carlos is going to have to do a major sales jerb to keep Richy on board

How deflating watching games like these keep happening again and again.

The absolute nothingness personified.

Please, pretty please, apart from a new midfield, also get a new keeper. Cannot stand watching Pickford. I know we will take a massive hit trying to sell him but I will be glad when I see the back of him.

We beat them earlier in the season they ain't all that mate. They were better than us no question but being awarded a soft penalty and having the ref on their side clearly helped them today.
I think their league positioning suggests otherwise and they have the ability to beat teams better than them. Also we just make so many excuses for our performances but the truth is we just aren’t good enough.

Im just so bored of Everton having the total lack of ability to entertain.

That's the much fabled Italian mindset. Solid defending. Give nothing away.
Problem with all that......as you well know.......everyone knows........we can't bloody defend. Add all that to the fact that we have no midfield.......And DCL has gone off the boil. And we are were we are.
Totally agree with your frustration. We will.most likely(hopefully) beat Aston Villa next match. But that's just papering over cracks.......always papering over cracks..
Roll on next season.........I think...
We can defend, it's just impossible for defenders to defend when the midfield are of the collective mindset "look the opposition have the ball let the defenders sort this out and when they do and clear it then we'll give it back to the opposition to have another go". Football is impossible with a midfield who aren't arsed and that's exactly what we have

Thats not the usual rolling out comments. He's laying into someone or a few here.

...I think you’re right. He’s a professional and he’ll be totally aware of fellow professionals who are not contributing. It won’t just be today, he’ll know the ones with the wrong attitude in training.

There‘s clearly a few who do not think playing for Everton is important.

The good news is, Carlo Ancelotti will know exactly what he needs to do, who needs to go/stay, and who needs to come in. The bad news is, it will take a few 'Windows' to get there. Patience will be needed for the rebuild, but I'm not so sure it will be shown.
The problem with taking a few windows to rebuild the team is that whenever you get a decent player in, they can't play to their full potential with all the dross around them. That's why Man Utd have taken so long to rebuild since the Fergie era.
We need 2 or 3 top quality new signings in this summer window and for them to drag the quality of the rest of the team up with them. Can't see that happening though. We need new players in every single position.

Seamus has said similar things in the past, a few decent results here and there , then we end up with this sort of stuff again, he comes out with once again similar remarks, round and round we go.

There is clearly an attitude problem, you only have to look at the body language during the match and the drinks breaks, 2-0 down and nothing between them, no talking. The young lad who came on at half time clearly needed guidance especially after the second went in so quickly to help him through the match and keep his head, I didn’t see it from other players.

Bad attitudes mixed with over inflated opinions on what good players they are and this is what we get. I haven’t the first clue who we bring in to substantially improve us quality and mentality wise either. I’m not a fan of Brands but I really hope he delivers some genuine quality from somewhere otherwise we will see more and more of this.

Most of the starting 11 simply aren't good enough for this level, but the scariest thing is we're becoming a club without any sense of identity. As terrible as Norwich and Bournemouth are, at least you have a sense of what they're trying to achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.