Wolverhampton Wanderers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to take a big breath .
There was no point in hiring Ancelotti, even paying him more than Klopp, if the idea was that he would make this squad successful.
His career has been spent making three star teams into five star ones. This is not a three star squad.
So courage is needed. There are at least 6 that need to go. That includes Pickford. Maybe raise £50-70m but a spend in the order of £250m needed.
Otherwise Ancelotti is undoubtedly gone

Picking a m.o.m out of that lot is hard I grant you but the amount of defensive mistakes Digne made he doesn't deserve it.
I feel a bit sorry for Sigurdson. He's been asked to play out if position and is getting hammered for his shocking play. Maybe play him behind the striker or don't play him at all.
Oh, you mean where he played for the first half of the season but was woeful at it? I like your second suggestion much better.

I have watched Everton for 70 years and I have to say I have never been so frustrated in my life as I am watching this present team, I know we have some terrible players who cant pass the ball to our own men and I know I am going to get a lot of stick on here for what I am going to say about Carlo, but for such a very experienced manager why does he always set up to be so defensive, all the games since the lockdown have all been played in our own half hoping for a mistake by the other team. We all know we have no midfield but the forwards are continually living on scraps he allows our own midfield to play to deep so not able to get the ball forward. Moan over

Me watching our midfield against a competent team...

F7D704B0-C0FC-4663-B989-CCCD2A41D8EE.jpeg

I hope no potential signings watched that game. I’m sure they will be calling their agents and withdrawing interest in potentially playing for us.

It is going to be sad when Richarlison hands in his transfer demand soon. Why would anyone with potential want to stay here.

I wonder if the new stadium plans will be out on Ice. Absolutely no point with a new stadium that will end up half empty, if this kind of performance is the way of the future.
Reminds me of the mid 90s again !!!!

Wolves have a GK who went on strike and broke his own contract and wolves signed him up on a free, Sporting are still looking for compensation of 48 million.

We settled for £18m ish in the end.

Wasn’t expecting that today, as we’ve been as dire in the last 2 games (and quite possibly the 2 before that although won) as you lot were today.
Didn’t understand how expectations could be so
low in pre-match thread here after our last 2 stinkers, but now I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.