Winning the league then relegation

Would you take relegation to see Everton win the league?

• Yes, Deal! I want the glory now

Votes: 45 14.9%
  • No, I couldn't stand the shame

Votes: 240 79.5%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 17 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The binman chronicles

Player Valuation: £80m
With Leicester in a precarious situation above the drop zone I was just wondering what the GOT view would be on this.

If your fairy Godmother offered you the deal of Everton winning the league but then that means they would be relegated the season afterwards, would you take it?

Is one season of glory enough to take away the desperation and shame of relegation? I say no, I'm very proud of our almost continuous existence at the top of the football pyramid.

With Leicester in a precarious situation above the drop zone I was just wondering what the GOT view would be on this.

If your fairy Godmother offered you the deal of Everton winning the league but then that means they would be relegated the season afterwards, would you take it?

Is one season of glory enough to take away the desperation and shame of relegation? I say no, I'm very proud of our almost continuous existence at the top of the football pyramid.

No but it's still better than winning the FA Cup and get relegated lol.

No, be arsed.

At this point I'd take winning the FA Cup then surviving on goal difference, but relegation is a no.

To play devil's advocate, it's probably unlikely that we will win the league in the next 15 years, unless something major happens in the meantime.

Ps would love to be vaulted for this, I'm trying to tempt fate... ;)

To play devil's advocate, it's probably unlikely that we will win the league in the next 15 years, unless something major happens in the meantime.

Ps would love to be vaulted for this, I'm trying to tempt fate... ;)

How can you say that after Leicester won it last season?

I have absolutely no doubt EFC will be champions again some time in the next fifteen years but my biggest concern is that I might not be still around to see it :oops:

How can you say that after Leicester won it last season?

I have absolutely no doubt EFC will be champions again some time in the next fifteen years but my biggest concern is that I might not be still around to see it :oops:

Fair point but I would counter with this:

It's more likely that a wildcard team would win the league than us. They had no expectations, almost everyone they played took them lightly until it was already too late. Quite a lot of unknowns in their side, which I felt gave them an advantage.

You can of course never know for sure that we won't win it inside 15 years, but I feel we are up against it with the spending power of the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.