Wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei was the pinnacle, wasn't he? Absolute class.

Pienaar was ok too before he bought concrete boots.

Atsu and McGeady after Kev leaves. Flip off Everton you flipping twits.

Arguably we get our best and most prolific play when Attacking Midfielder Steven Pienaar is played left side in front of Baines. If we could get that back and some of the same on the right for Coleman to grow into then I wouldn't be overly concerned about never having a 'true/real/utter winger' ever again.

To be fair, those types provide best when they have Shearer/Ferdinand types to hit with crosses. (Shudders remembering those two!)

Arguably we get our best and most prolific play when Attacking Midfielder Steven Pienaar is played left side in front of Baines. If we could get that back and some of the same on the right for Coleman to grow into then I wouldn't be overly concerned about never having a 'true/real/utter winger' ever again.

To be fair, those types provide best when they have Shearer/Ferdinand types to hit with crosses. (Shudders remembering those two!)

We did in 2011.

Pienaar is absolutely [Poor language removed] tonk now and has been for too long. Re-signing him from Spurs was ridiculous.

To be fair, he's been looking at getting new wingers in since the Summer. Just hope he manages to bring at least one in within the next few days.

We did in 2011.

Pienaar is absolutely [Poor language removed] tonk now and has been for too long. Re-signing him from Spurs was ridiculous.

Maybe it was a plan to teach Mirallas about the pitfalls of going to Spurs. I'm not sure why Pienaar has been so injury prone since his return.

Status
Not open for further replies.