Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
would a swap deal benefit palace because then they don’t have to pay utd anything?

if Iwobi is not in the managers long term plans I still think iwobi + kean on loan until end of season would be fair

The players in the swap would need a fee and we can't fudge the figures for Iwobi cos it would hurt us FFP wise.

Next year he will be 29 with 2 years on his contract, no way they will get a big fee plus they still have to pay Utd 25%.

If they are going to sell, this year is the one.
But if he stays and their new signings continue to improve them overall, who’s to say Zaha won’t ( if he is as good as people say) propel them to a higher position and greater financial rewards than they lose on his value in 12 months.
Do you not think Palace dream of competing at the top of the table as well as us?

would a swap deal benefit palace because then they don’t have to pay utd anything?

if Iwobi is not in the managers long term plans I still think iwobi + kean on loan until end of season would be fair
If the Italian media is to be believed Kean has his heart set on a return to Juve.

Palace seem to be signing a lot of forwards. Can’t see them needing Iwobi?

But if he stays and their new signings continue to improve them overall, who’s to say Zaha won’t ( if he is as good as people say) propel them to a higher position and greater financial rewards than they lose on his value in 12 months.
Do you not think Palace dream of competing at the top of the table as well as us?

Oh yes, if they are determined to keep him, then they wont be bothered. My point is, we have seen this before, when a player really wants a move then they will inveriably get it. They cant afford another season from him like last season - no team could have their best player sulking and off form - its easier to sell.

If we or any team lodge a formal bid which isnt a lowball insulting offer, he will kick off again and they have a decision to make. My view is that they compromise with the bidders and sell.

Oh yes, if they are determined to keep him, then they wont be bothered. My point is, we have seen this before, when a player really wants a move then they will inveriably get it. They cant afford another season from him like last season - no team could have their best player sulking and off form - its easier to sell.

If we or any team lodge a formal bid which isnt a lowball insulting offer, he will kick off again and they have a decision to make. My view is that they compromise with the bidders and sell.
Aside from the fact I’m reluctant to sign a player with such a poor attitude as you outline above, I think the price has been set to discourage bids as we discovered last season. I think Palace are determined to retain his services for the coming campaign.
Moreover, considering the length of time remaining in this window and the likelihood of a prolonged period of negotiation to secure his services, I feel we would had to have commenced our approaches by now.
The lack of any reliable rumours strongly suggest we haven’t at this point.

Aside from the fact I’m reluctant to sign a player with such a poor attitude as you outline above, I think the price has been set to discourage bids as we discovered last season. I think Palace are determined to retain his services for the coming campaign.
Moreover, considering the length of time remaining in this window and the likelihood of a prolonged period of negotiation to secure his services, I feel we would had to have commenced our approaches by now.
The lack of any reliable rumours strongly suggest we haven’t at this point.

You would think if there was genuine interest there would be something in the media.

Doesn’t mean it mightn’t materialise but certainly nothing in it to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.