Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are linked with Bright Osayi-Samuel from QPR who I think the club (and me) would prefer over Iwobi.

Yeah I can't see a swap deal happening like. I do have a good feeling this transfer will happen though - I cant see Zaha staying and I imagine Spurs aside they'll be no other clubs willing to pay his wages than the mighty Blues.

Think the final 2 weeks of the window will pick up as upto now its been a quiet one.

This 'Peter Harding' is not a real person and a load of jarg twitter accounts are jumping on the band wagon off the back of it. Swerve.

Who are these people?! lol lol

Love how they claim to know what we’re going to offer Palace.

The bookies must think there's something to the rumours...

_20200909_213423.JPG

Personally I would think that Kenny and/or Davies seem likely fits for Palace and possibly a loan for Branthwaite or Gibson. Younger cheaper players. Established internationals at junior levels. With the exception of Branthwaite who really looks like he has the 'it factor' they are not quite at the level for what we currently need but could find their feet and kick-on with a bit less pressure and expectation at Palace. This is more of a win-win than trying to offload faded old, high-wage players IMO. Iwobi might be possible but his wage is bigger than his production right now so he'd have to take a pay-cut or it be loan-to-buy which would not help us much in making the fee big enough to allow Palace to justify a sale to their fans.

Yeah I can't see a swap deal happening like. I do have a feeling this will happen though - I cant see Zaha staying and I imagine Spurs aside they'll be no other clubs willing to pay his wages than the mighty Blues.

Think the final 2 weeks of the window will pick up as upto now its been a quiet one.
I think Palace know we are the only credible team that will buy him and from what I heard he is family orientated so would want to stay in this country.

It's good for us as we have nobody bidding us up, but whatever way you look at this I just can't see Palace getting the monitory value to replace what he brings on the pitch. He is turning 28 in a couple of months, is this their last chance to sell? and do they want to keep a player who is sulking? I think after the stink that was kicked up last season when he never moved they wont chance it again.

This 'Peter Harding' is not a real person and a load of jarg twitter accounts are jumping on the band wagon off the back of it. Swerve.

the rumour started last night by an everton facebook page. A lad on another everton forum who has got stuff right before says. the club expect 2 more afyer Tomori with Zaha being one

I honestly don't understand the Iwobi-hate.
He had a disappointing season, but showed a lot of promise when engaged centrally in the field.
Drives the ball well, were one of the most progressive passers of the ball a year ago or so iirc in Europe.
And he is young and works like a horse ! He doesnt have to be first choice, but by the sound of it, he seems to be Preki!
Not his fault we paid 27 mill + addons.
There are better players out there, but why drive a decent prospect out after 1 season?

Finally, stats lie and all that, but still impressive in this Arsenal team:

Attachments

• iwobi.png
    iwobi.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 79
I honestly don't understand the Iwobi-hate.
He had a disappointing season, but showed a lot of promise when engaged centrally in the field.
Drives the ball well, were one of the most progressive passers of the ball a year ago or so iirc in Europe.
And he is young and works like a horse ! He doesnt have to be first choice, but by the sound of it, he seems to be Preki!
Not his fault we paid 27 mill + addons.

Finally, stats lie and all that, but still impressive in this Arsenal team:
He most certainly does not work like a horse, craps out of every challenge and tackle.

Personally I would think that Kenny and/or Davies seem likely fits for Palace and possibly a loan for Branthwaite or Gibson. Younger cheaper players. Established internationals at junior levels. With the exception of Branthwaite who really looks like he has the 'it factor' they are not quite at the level for what we currently need but could find their feet and kick-on with a bit less pressure and expectation at Palace. This is more of a win-win than trying to offload faded old, high-wage players IMO. Iwobi might be possible but his wage is bigger than his production right now so he'd have to take a pay-cut or it be loan-to-buy which would not help us much in making the fee big enough to allow Palace to justify a sale to their fans.
Davies will benefit from some managerial stability. He has ability, what he needs is coaching.

The bookies are offering on where the next asteroid will land if you’re interested.

Both William Hill & Ladbrokes were refusing bets on Zaha to Everton yesterday over "strong rumours" that a move was imminent in which the traders wouldnt accept bets.

Dont know if that has changed since like but still interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.