Transfer Rumour Wilifred Zaha - January Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you say that when you don't know the finances involved yet?

Wouldn't pay over 25m myself to be fair, but if we could give them cenk and bolasie and a bit of cash could be a really good deal ( not likely that would ever happen like )

Because I watched the AGM, I saw our wage bill, I've seen our turnover costs, I've seen us sign James Rodriguez, Allan & Doucoure, I've seen us only able to shift a few high earners.

Common sense I would have hoped.

Because I watched the AGM, I saw our wage bill, I've seen our turnover costs, I've seen us sign James Rodriguez, Allan & Doucoure, I've seen us only able to shift a few high earners.

But again you don't know what's going to happen between now and a "bid" for zaha, wages could have been lowered already with outgoings, players could be going the other way.

Theirs no way some of these players don't get sold between now and the end of the window ( or at least loaned out covering wages etc )

They won’t take Bolaise and an injured Tosun off us. They’re not stupid.

Not sure what they value him at though but they’ll be lucky to get anything over £25m for him imo.

I can’t see any of the top clubs being in for him or willing to pay excessive amounts for him. He’s on £130k per week and that will also put a lot of clubs off.

They could just tell him to get on with it, but as we know you’re never gonna get that same level of performance from a player who doesn’t wanna play for the club anymore and I’m sure Palace fans won’t put up with him asking to leave every summer.

If our interest is genuine again, we know Brands likes him, I’m interested to see how this pans out... although we’d have to offload a few first.

But again you don't know what's going to happen between now and a "bid" for zaha, wages could have been lowered already with outgoings, players could be going the other way.

Theirs no way some of these players don't get sold between now and the end of the window ( or at least loaned out covering wages etc )

I mean, they might not, you can't blast my opinion saying I'm using assumptions then use assumptions yourself.

I mainly agree, I don't think it's a good deal.

But on the flip side I do think we will see a lot of outs in the next few weeks.

If we have offloaded Sandro, Bolasie, Schneiderlein, Besic, Baines, Dowell, Martina, Niasse, Stekelenberg, Garbutt, Pennington, maybe Delph, Bernard or Walcott, and a whole host of other younger players, then we are saving millions every month. And we'll get some small fees in as well.

I don't think it's a smart deal as you say, but I do think we can afford it. I don't think it's going to happen anyway.

I mainly agree, I don't think it's a good deal.

But on the flip side I do think we will see a lot of outs in the next few weeks.

If we have offloaded Sandro, Bolasie, Schneiderlein, Besic, Baines, Dowell, Martina, Niasse, Stekelenberg, Garbutt, Pennington, maybe Delph, Bernard or Walcott, and a whole host of other younger players, then we are saving millions every week. And we'll get some small fees in as well.

I don't think it's a smart deal as you say, but I do think we can afford it. I don't think it's going to happen anyway.

If the bold happens, it's fine.

With the links with Zaha, apparently, occuring before all that then not fine. It's one of those things I'll evaluate October 5th.

We needed to bring experience into the team... we have done that. I don't think we can continue to sign players who are at their peak , we need now to start looking at the longer term.
Zaha is a good player and certainly he would improve us as so many players would.
However, we cannot afford to buy every player that would improve us and more than anything we need somebody on the right hand side of the pitch.

Lozano fits the bill perfectly, young, plays on the right hand side, is known to CA and from what I saw of him against City , a real handful.
I don't know if we are trying to spend more money, I don't know if Napoli want to sell now and he seems to be getting into their team but I would be seriously hopeful for the season if we were to sign him.

If the bold happens, it's fine.

With the links with Zaha, apparently, occuring before all that then not fine. It's one of those things I'll evaluate October 5th.

Yeah too early to really tell. We need to see lots leave the club.

The only small positive is that so many of those contracts run out anyway next June so this time next year the squad will be trim and the wage budget under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.