Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think this 'paid in installments' gubbins is probably going to be where the deal fails.

He's leaving Leeds for sure, but other teams can foot the bill where we seemingly cannot.

I know it's easy to say from an outsider's position (as in 'not involved in negotiations') but I'm beginning to feel that either take the hit or move on.

Don't think we can afford him & that's been the case all summer. Leeds will let this run. Any other club interested will be able to offer them better terms.

With Soton being interested in Holgate we should be in parallel negotiations with them for Sulemana.

Not sure I’ve seen quite so many tweets posted regurgitating the same non news and information in one thread, it’s pretty much the same from page 1. Quite impressively underwhelming and very Everton, well done the toffees! ;)

A lot might want to see Everton do the same but honestly I think Leeds are handling this dreadfully basically across the board.

They’ve dropped down a division and they’ve got a lad who’s a full international, probably not on great money and is too good for the championship who clearly is desperate to leave. Any reasonable club would let him go, assuming a reasonable offer came in. Putting out statements and all that only invite your own fans to pile on the player and send all the abuse directly to him.

We did something similar to Stones at the time when Chelsea were in for him but we were a European challenging side and he was helping us push on. When Lukaku wanted to go we knew that the offer was good and we simply couldn’t offer him what United could financially and on the pitch.

It’s one of those cases where I do actually feel for the lad and hope he gets a move, hopefully to us but if not at least somewhere else, as he’ll have seen loads of others, like Sarr or Joao Pedro at Watford, go down to the championship with a lot of hype as players and just languish for a few years before eventually getting an alright move. They lost out on millions of pounds and opportunities to play at a higher level for years but were lucky to get , other players can miss the train completely and get sort of stuck at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.