Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems unusual.
He is an international but certainly not an established one. Playing in the championship is not going to help his career.
Everton seem to be the club that are consistently showing most interest and there is little doubt he will play a lot of games with us... of course a big increase in wages won't hurt either.

At this stage my guess is Leeds know he is gone and it is now about getting the best deal.

It depends on why. If Leeds gave him an agreement and the only reason they aren’t letting him go is to stick it to us, then I’d kind of understand. Leeds aren’t our biggest fans as of late and it’s just as petulant of them to toy with his future because of us. Otherwise I’d tend to agree with you.
If Leeds gave him an agreement but it's not in his contract it's his agent he wants a word with. There's no such thing as a gentleman's agreement in football. He should be asking why everyone else has a relegation clause and not him.

If Leeds gave him an agreement but it's not in his contract it's his agent he wants a word with. There's no such thing as a gentleman's agreement in football. He should be asking why everyone else has a relegation clause and not him.
I’m saying it’s more of why Leeds are refusing to sell to us specifically. It may be nothing but I’d wager it’s personal and I can understand why Willy would want out after that. Ultimately I agree 1000 percent with you that it is Willy and his agent’s fault that they didn’t include a relegation clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.