Why on earth did we sell James Rodriguez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless his sale was a requirement to free up funds for Rondon then there was zero benefit of getting shut of him outside of the window as that action has just weakened us. We'd of been better keeping him til January or til next summer as it is no secret that we have a paper thin squad and lack options. Benitez did a job on him supported by his mates in the press and some bought into the propaganda but the reality is that his going has not improved us, it has, as I say weakened the squad. It's done now so Everton that.

He might have been lazy, had a bad attitude and not cared that much about Everton. However he was our most composed player by a mile. If all our players were fit last season, James would play every time. It’s depressing that we have Iwobi as a regular, yet James is gone. I guess it’s not all about keeping your best players. We have an alarming history of keeping hold of tat, and allowing quality to go. I’m still annoyed that we sold Lookman! ?

Unless his sale was a requirement to free up funds for Rondon then there was zero benefit of getting shut of him outside of the window as that action has just weakened us. We'd of been better keeping him til January or til next summer as it is no secret that we have a paper thin squad and lack options. Benitez did a job on him supported by his mates in the press and some bought into the propaganda but the reality is that his going has not improved us, it has, as I say weakened the squad. It's done now so Everton that.
Think the problem is, if he was still here now, do we really think he would have played yet? I suspect we might have seen him once (regardless of manager). Would he have made a difference to recent performances, I highly doubt it.
NB I was as giddy as anyone when we signed him but he flattered to deceive and went missing when we really needed him unfortunately (imho)

Think the problem is, if he was still here now, do we really think he would have played yet? I suspect we might have seen him once (regardless of manager). Would he have made a difference to recent performances, I highly doubt it.
NB I was as giddy as anyone when we signed him but he flattered to deceive and went missing when we really needed him unfortunately (imho)
I'm not sure the current manager would have played him but another manager would have, I have no doubt about that. In that scenario, the stats are clear, when he played for us he was our best player. It is a moot point though because of Benitez.

Would have been nice to have him as an option off the bench, such as when we were chasing an equaliser against Wolves

Benitez didn't want him though so it was only going to go one way

I just hope getting him off the books means we can spend in January, or at least afford to loan a couple of players, because we really need to

We had a truly world class player - Benitez decided he didn’t fit his style to the extent he needed to sell him - other new signings have done well but maybe are being sussed out a bit. In a light squad, surely James could be helping us right now?? The whole thing was bizarre
LOL. World class? LOL.

Would have been nice to have him as an option off the bench, such as when we were chasing an equaliser against Wolves

Benitez didn't want him though so it was only going to go one way

I just hope getting him off the books means we can spend in January, or at least afford to loan a couple of players, because we really need to
His ego i dont think he would sit on the bench

There are some players that teams simply can’t afford especially in current situations, them players only shine when they have either people doing the running for them or they play in a team that dominates possession and plays with confidence because it wins every week and James fits into that category. Maybe look at it this way, look at this team, if you were the manager what type of player do you think would be more beneficial right now... James who could thread a ball through the eye of a needle or maybe score a worldly.. or say an Andros Townsend who will run for 90mins... head tackle and pass like his life depended on it and get back in and do the dirty jobs like covering his full backs... maybe that’s why James was shipped out because his style does not fit at this moment of time team wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.