Why on earth did we sell James Rodriguez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You totally ignored the bit when I said when fit. If he wasn't injury prone he would still be at Madrid or Bayern. Just because he is injury prone doesn't mean he's not world class when fully match fit.

He’s never fit, which is another contributor to why he’s not a world class player.

Being amazing on your day is not much use when your day is so infrequent that no top teams want to sign you.

Performing very well for two months does not make you a world class player. Jelavic had a fantastic start to his Everton career, but I would hardly characterize him as a world class player. Not that I compare him to JR, but more that you emphasize two months so highly in your definition. Gray has had a fantastic start to his Everton career, but he is not world class either.

World-class players such as Messi, Ronaldo, Benzema, Zlatan, Lewandovski, etc. perform at world-class level for most of their careers. These are world-class players, and in contrast to JR have realized their potential. None of these would have come to play for Everton. And if they had become available on the market now, there would have been offers from big clubs fairly quickly.
Is he on a par with Messi or Ronaldo then no. Not few over history are. But when fit he is on a par with the others you mentioned.

I mentioned the 2 months at Everton because that was the only period he was fully fit here. But he replicated that form for Bayern and Madrid hundreds of times over the previous 6 years. He wasn't a flash in the pan like Jelavic. Stupid comparison.

He’s never fit, which is another contributor to why he’s not a world class player.

Being amazing on your day is not much use when your day is so infrequent that no top teams want to sign you.
He's played roughly 50% of games over last 6/7 years. That doesn't constitute never fit.

Anyway let's leave it there I'm getting dizzy going round in circles with 3 of you.

Is he on a par with Messi or Ronaldo then no. Not few over history are. But when fit he is on a par with the others you mentioned.

I mentioned the 2 months at Everton because that was the only period he was fully fit here. But he replicated that form for Bayern and Madrid hundreds of times over the previous 6 years. He wasn't a flash in the pan like Jelavic. Stupid comparison.
I told you I did not compare the players. I can not convince you of anything else, but just check how the market price of JR has had a rather downward curve in recent years. As said earlier, the market rarely lies.

You totally ignored the bit when I said when fit. If he wasn't injury prone he would still be at Madrid or Bayern. Just because he is injury prone doesn't mean he's not world class when fully match fit.
Im truly amazing on my day (mostly the 29th of February). If only i could keep it up. Every 4 year (29th of February) im injured!

Status
Not open for further replies.