Why is it always a big No to Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't have him back because I think it's almost always a bad idea to go back, regardless of who you are or what club we are talking about. I also never quite got over the way he treated us in the 6-12 moths after he left.

Having said that, the way people talk about him and his achievements here are a disgrace tbh. "Never won anything", "too pragmatic", "Always played his favourites" etc etc - this guff does my head in as much now as it did then as it absolutely ignores the context.

i would have him back now as we need stability more than ever, because switching managers every 6 month-18months is killing us.
but no way would he come back though. West Ham have a better squad, ours needs massive rebuilding.
plus the board didnt want him back before on several occassions.
He'd drop them like a hot potato to come back to us IMO.

What can we point to from his time with us? We finished above the RS a couple of times and got to one FA Cup final where we were outclassed.
Why would we want to go back to that?
I don’t really care where we finish if we’re not winning anything or in danger of relegation it’s ultimately, boring.
How we didn’t beat United in that semi with Martinez when Lukaku forgot how to finish for a match I’ll never know and then who knows, we might all be asking why we don’t want Martinez back lol

Long story short, just because all our other managers have won nothing doesn’t mean we should go back to the best of the losers.

The way he belittled us after leaving cannot be forgiven, thinking he was Billy big balls. Hard swerve, would have been more bearable than the odious toad we have now though.
FFS some people are that sensitive in football terms I wonder what upsets them in real life. Mentioned that he thought Man Utd were bigger than Everton, whilst trying to lure players.
Did a decent job with the resources he had. Excels in getting the team to pull in the same direction and being greater than the sum of its parts. Doing it again with West Ham.

Why is it even a question?

Only reason I'd ever want him back at the club is if he were our DoF. That will never ever happen.

He was here a decade and had some awful results and performances. But he always had his players trying to compete.

(I don’t recall Brentford beating us, maybe I’ve blanked it out)
they knocked us out of the league cup on penalties while they were in the 3rd division,
i blanked out virtually every visit to a top 4 team!

they knocked us out of the league cup on penalties while they were in the 3rd division,

Don’t forget Reading at home after beating Chelsea. Losing 1-0, in the same season as Brentford.

Or the worst one, the 3-0 to Wigan.

With Millwall waiting in the Semi.

It’s the 9th season since Moyes and if you disregard the empty stadium games (and I think we all know these were an anomaly) then our record at these grounds hasn’t improved a jot.

Why does everyone seem to hate Moyes or the idea of him ever being the manager again. The only thing I ever seem to hear is because he never won anything when he was here but do we forget what he did with us without money.
I just watch us the past so many season and I think he couldn't of done any worse than we have been. Am not saying bring him back just asking the question.
it’s a no, nothing big about it.
Mostly, he might as well have worn brown trousers whenever he was managing in a big game, semi final, final.

It's because he's the embodiment of having no ambition.

Moyes is good at what he does. He can take average teams, get them punching above their weight. What he can't do is take good teams and win things with them.

The job he's done at West Ham isn't a surprise. But neither will watching them fail to go any further be a surprise either.

Football is about hope. The possibility you can defy the odds and go one better. Moyes can't do that past a very clearly defined point, so there's no point bringing him in.

Benitez at least has the possibility of pushing us further. It's an incredibly slim possibility, but it's always better to go with the possible than with the impossible, and if we'd brought back Moyes we'd have been in the "knife to a gunfight" mentality again until he finally left.

And a decade of that was more than enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.