Why is it always a big No to Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonsc

Player Valuation: £500k
Why does everyone seem to hate Moyes or the idea of him ever being the manager again. The only thing I ever seem to hear is because he never won anything when he was here but do we forget what he did with us without money.
I just watch us the past so many season and I think he couldn't of done any worse than we have been. Am not saying bring him back just asking the question.

d6kr13a-783deaee-a457-4beb-958e-bb74e8d795d8.gif

Probably Moyes' success in turning a club adrift in mediocrity into one fighting at the top end of the spectrum is what is working against him.

He got us playing pragmatic football, we stopped worrying about falling down the ladder, and that made some of us greedy and day dreaming where no basis for expecting anything existed. They wanted him to take the next step without considering the constraints under which he was working. Did we start getting money for better players, did we get more revenue from a larger stadium?

And yet, he was expected to cut loose and go attacking against the teams built with billions. It would have been ok for some to have been tonked 6-0 against all the teams all the times, so long as he was fearless, rather than try to get the 0-0, or 1-0, 2-0 losses to limit the disadvantage. That is simply not done according to some. We would rather win/lose spectacularly rather than be pragmatic.

Would I want him back? maybe not. Would I be disappointed if he somehow made it back here? Hell no. I always thought, his timidity (if it can be called that) was more a result of necessity than natural thought process. Someone pointed out in some other thread about his Preston teams being pretty attacking, we are seeing some of that in the West Ham now that he has got some funds to control.

So I don't really get why "some" hate him so viscerally?

Why does everyone seem to hate Moyes or the idea of him ever being the manager again. The only thing I ever seem to hear is because he never won anything when he was here but do we forget what he did with us without money.
I just watch us the past so many season and I think he couldn't of done any worse than we have been. Am not saying bring him back just asking the question.

He never got us over the line. Also, he was too conservative and didnt like to roll the dice in big games where he failed using damage limitation tactics.

The manner in which he left and how he belittled the club coming back for Baines and Fellaini.

Hes having a great swansong at West Ham.

We need to appoint the next superstar manager to build the club into a behemoth.

Even if we wanted him back Moyes she’s all that’d us. We got a bit older and a bit more hagged. Now he’s found a new girl to she’s all that and he’s turned her from a geek to the homecoming Queen. Nothing to see here

The way he belittled us after leaving cannot be forgiven, thinking he was Billy big balls. Hard swerve, would have been more bearable than the odious toad we have now though.

Am not saying I want him back but I think we need a manager like him and some big changes from the top. The point about what he did to us isn't that what all manager do they move on and take their best players with them

I have nothing against David Moyes and wouldn't mind him coming back to us, but why on earth do you think he'd want to take the step down by returning to Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.