Why do people want Duncan Ferguson to replace Silva?

Status
Not open for further replies.

But you get the point that it will be his first go at managing and we are an absolute mess?

I can’t see why he’d be the right pick at all.

I get that but I see that as a positive. No baggage. The hunger of these ambitious young managers can't be underestimated. I'll never get over the half arsed attitude of Koeman who acted like it was an enormous chore to be our manager.

Stuff like that matters now. The most important role for a manager is no longer tactical. They have a backroom staff who help with that. The key thing is mentality and making players believe and enjoy their football. We live in an age where players are mentally weak and shirk responsibility. A manager needs to make players believe firstly in themselves and make them run through walls. The youth and freshness is the way forward.

I don't want an experienced manager. We've tried that. It doesn't suit us.

As much as i like big Dunc from when he was a player, it cannot be ignored that we have been mostly absolutely dire ever since he has been on the first team coaching staff. Not saying that it is his fault but i think it is only fair that every member of the coaching staff and Managers take their fair share of the responsibility of how poor we have been for the past 5 years or so. The only way forward for the club imo is to get rid of them all and start afresh, something that they should have done last year in their half assed reset.

Arteta and Lampard?

What has gotten into you, TT?

We need youth, exuberance, charisna and freshness to get away the staleness of our recent bosses.

I want a young and hungry manager who unites us on and off the park. The next boss needs time so it has to be someone who would command time.

And don't bother mentioning Dave and his irrational hatred of our little Spaniard. He doesn't go the game. Ever.

I’d rather have lampard over arteta. Yes arteta has been working with the best manager in the world and knows the club, but so did Colin Harvey at the time and look how that ended up. Lampard is doing it all off his own back and due to his standing in football, he would gain the utmost respect of our underachieving team. Add in the fact I think he’s be quite ruthless. We need a new broom at the club to sweep away the mistakes of the previous managers. Lampard is more equipped to do that then arteta who basically has the fortune to coach some of the best players in the world.

I get that but I see that as a positive. No baggage. The hunger of these ambitious young managers can't be underestimated. I'll never get over the half arsed attitude of Koeman who acted like it was an enormous chore to be our manager.

Stuff like that matters now. The most important role for a manager is no longer tactical. They have a backroom staff who help with that. The key thing is mentality and making players believe and enjoy their football. We live in an age where players are mentally weak and shirk responsibility. A manager needs to make players believe firstly in themselves and make them run through walls. The youth and freshness is the way forward.

I don't want an experienced manager. We've tried that. It doesn't suit us.

I agree with nearly all that. Except the fact that you come back to Arteta at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.