Why do Everton support StubHub?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total respect to Ed Sheeran for his anti tout stance. It needs stamping out!

So WHY do Everton support StubHub?

Apparently tickets for tomorrow going for over £200.

If you have a season ticket & can't go, GIVE IT TO A MATE YOU UTTER MINGE!!!!!

Greed makes me sick.
I think stub hub give great service.......

Surely the club can come to agreement with stub hub to maximise a match ticket sale at 40-50 quid or something

Given the publicity it is getting this is ammunition for the club to regulate far heavier Stub Hub. Plus kick out touts buying season tickets.

See below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p058gpf5

Comments start at 50:18

On BBC Radio Merseyside - Roger Phillips show 11 August 2017.

Everton Football Club respond within 10 minutes of the Everton fan making the comments about abuses of Season Tickets.

I've sold a few tickets in the past via stubhub, and always for less than face value. This surely makes me the greatest Evertonian alive.
Maybe not the greatest Evertonian alive, I am, but it shows a touch of class.

I've got a season ticket but I only get to about 6 games a season, if that. The rest of the time my brothers mate takes it.

Total respect to Ed Sheeran for his anti tout stance. It needs stamping out!

So WHY do Everton support StubHub?

Apparently tickets for tomorrow going for over £200.

If you have a season ticket & can't go, GIVE IT TO A MATE YOU UTTER MINGE!!!!!

Greed makes me sick.

Stop blaming Stub hub. ...stubhub is a route to sell a ticket and an option for EFC fans to buy

The blame FIRMLY lies with the actual individual who decides to sell at inflated prices to fellow fans....

Let's not call the club on this and go direct to the twas who ate prepared to sell above face value....

take it up with the club then lads as they make it clear its for season tickets only on several different pages

not trying to be bang fellas but you should raise this issue with the club as they couldn't be clearer

I have in the past and I likely will do so again Joey. To be honest, I don't mind someone making ten or twenty quid on a ticket, it's the silly prices some people ask for, that and seeing away tickets up for sale. Someone was asking something like 100 quid for a Swansea away ticket on Stubhub last season so I contacted the club and the ticket ended up getting taken down.

It's a difficult one. The club are right to have such a solution, instead of people having to physically hand over season tickets etc.

They won't have the clout to influence StubHub's business plan, which is thoroughly legal.

So they have a choice - to use a popular solution and earn money from the partnership, or not to and spend money putting a half-arsed one in place themselves.

It's a difficult one. The club are right to have such a solution, instead of people having to physically hand over season tickets etc.

They won't have the clout to influence StubHub's business plan, which is thoroughly legal.

So they have a choice - to use a popular solution and earn money from the partnership, or not to and spend money putting a half-arsed one in place themselves.

The club's in a great position to tell Stub Hub to take specific tickets down. Due to Ticketing Regulations in the UK:
http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/ticket-touting-and-football/

and that EFC set the ground's regulations:
http://www.evertonfc.com/content/tickets/more-information/ground-regulations

Its also a breach of the EFC Season Ticket Terms and Conditions:
http://www.evertonfc.com/unhoused/all-for-one/season-ticket-terms-and-conditions

5.2 The Club issues to the Purchaser the Ticket(s) for the Purchaser’s sole use. The Purchaser shall not resell, assign or (save as set out in this Clause 5) transfer their Ticket(s) (or the benefit of it or them) to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club. References in these Terms to reselling Tickets includes offering to sell a Ticket, exposing a Ticket for sale, making a Ticket available for sale by another person and/or advertising that a Ticket is available for purchase. For the avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only), a Ticket may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition or transferred, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package, given to a third party who agrees to buy another good or service or used for any other commercial purpose save as expressly authorised by the Premier League and/or the Club.

5.4 If more than one Season Ticket is issued to the Purchaser, or the Purchaser cannot attend a particular Match included within their Season Ticket, the Purchaser may transfer the use of such Season Ticket(s) for that Match to a natural person (each a “Guest”) in one of the following ways: (i) with the express written consent of the Club; (ii) via the Club’s official ticketing exchange system (if any), details of which will be available on the Website; or (iii) to a Guest provided that: (A) the Guest is known to the Purchaser personally; (B) it is for the Guest’s personal use only; (C) the Guest would be entitled (under these Terms) to purchase such Ticket and attend such Match; (D) the sale or transfer takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit which is in excess of the pro rata value of the Season Ticket for that Match (calculated as the total price for the Season Ticket divided by the total number of Matches covered by the Season Ticket); and (E) the sale or transfer does not take place during the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party’s business

The issue isn't Stub Hub. The issue is that there is no technical means to report abuse of season tickets directly in Stub Hub/to the club. Without emailing or telephoning.

Or that the club isn't proactively limiting the maximum price that can be asked for.

Certainly - ANYONE buying a season ticket just to sell it all (19 games) on Stub Hub should immediately forfeit the ticket.

As that is definitively - ticket touting.

Supply and demand is fuelling this (34000 season tickets and limited stadium capacity). That the club need to get a grip of.

Last edited:

Stop blaming Stub hub. ...stubhub is a route to sell a ticket and an option for EFC fans to buy

The blame FIRMLY lies with the actual individual who decides to sell at inflated prices to fellow fans....

Let's not call the club on this and go direct to the twas who ate prepared to sell above face value....

Agree with you to a degree, but StubHub are providing the platform & Everton are allowing them to do it.

Touting needs to be stamped out in all it's guises. Look at those scumbag sites that employ software to buy up tickets, then advertise them minutes later at inflated prices.
Ed Sheeran recently refunded all his tickets & is personally going to lengths to make sure these leeches are shut out from his gigs. Fantastic!!! He doesn't need to do that, he still gets his money. He clearly has a strong sense of decency.

The very least the club could do is :

- Set a limit of Face Value. ST holders don't pay face value, so the extra few quid should cover costs.

- Set a limit of how many times you can sell your seat. Say 5??? Check for seats that are repeatedly sold. Take them back & sell them to genuine supporters.

What are we hoping to achieve here by giving out individual seat numbers? Are you hoping someone goes and fills them in this afternoon?
On the contrary. I was asked to provide information clearly in the public domain and did so. Please don't turn this around on me. You know the reason behind this thread.

The club's in a great position to tell Stub Hub to take specific tickets down. Due to Ticketing Regulations in the UK:
http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/ticket-touting-and-football/

and that EFC set the ground's regulations:
http://www.evertonfc.com/content/tickets/more-information/ground-regulations

Its also a breach of the EFC Season Ticket Terms and Conditions:
http://www.evertonfc.com/unhoused/all-for-one/season-ticket-terms-and-conditions

5.2 The Club issues to the Purchaser the Ticket(s) for the Purchaser’s sole use. The Purchaser shall not resell, assign or (save as set out in this Clause 5) transfer their Ticket(s) (or the benefit of it or them) to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club. References in these Terms to reselling Tickets includes offering to sell a Ticket, exposing a Ticket for sale, making a Ticket available for sale by another person and/or advertising that a Ticket is available for purchase. For the avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only), a Ticket may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition or transferred, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package, given to a third party who agrees to buy another good or service or used for any other commercial purpose save as expressly authorised by the Premier League and/or the Club.

5.4 If more than one Season Ticket is issued to the Purchaser, or the Purchaser cannot attend a particular Match included within their Season Ticket, the Purchaser may transfer the use of such Season Ticket(s) for that Match to a natural person (each a “Guest”) in one of the following ways: (i) with the express written consent of the Club; (ii) via the Club’s official ticketing exchange system (if any), details of which will be available on the Website; or (iii) to a Guest provided that: (A) the Guest is known to the Purchaser personally; (B) it is for the Guest’s personal use only; (C) the Guest would be entitled (under these Terms) to purchase such Ticket and attend such Match; (D) the sale or transfer takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit which is in excess of the pro rata value of the Season Ticket for that Match (calculated as the total price for the Season Ticket divided by the total number of Matches covered by the Season Ticket); and (E) the sale or transfer does not take place during the course of any business or for the purpose of facilitating any third party’s business

The issue isn't Stub Hub. The issue is that there is no technical means to report abuse of season tickets directly in Stub Hub/to the club. Without emailing or telephoning.

Or that the club isn't proactively limiting the maximum price that can be asked for.

Certainly - ANYONE buying a season ticket just to sell it all (19 games) on Stub Hub should immediately forfeit the ticket.

As that is definitively - ticket touting.

Supply and demand is fuelling this (34000 season tickets and limited stadium capacity). That the club need to get a grip of.

Top posting!!!! You've nailed it right there. The club is allowing it's own rules to be broken.

It's quite clear if you look at the Liverpool game on stubhub, FE2 row A 24-26

.......exhibit A m'lud....

Come on Everton. Sort this out now!

On the contrary. I was asked to provide information clearly in the public domain and did so. Please don't turn this around on me. You know the reason behind this thread.

The thread is rightly criticising the club's relationship with stubhub. Just not sure what you're hoping to achieve by posting an individual seat number.

But I suppose someone asked you to so you had to.

Status
Not open for further replies.