Why are we so good away and average at home ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know it’s a weird season but does having no fans mean in the ground really make a difference?

We were told that the fume at Goodson put pressure on the team so with no fans why are we getting beat by Newcastle and West Ham and beating the likes of Leicester and Leeds away ?
Not read the thread yet but I am sure it's been said, the fans making them play crap under pressure has been shot down in flames hasn't it. Never ever again can we blame the crowd for moaning and groaning.

It is upto the players to have the energy about them to get the crowd energised, and the Goodison crowd is so easy to get going with a bit of willing and spirit.

At home we keep playing Pickford Coleman Digne at left back and Davies or Siggurdson in holding midfield. Away from home we ply our best keeper, our best back 4 and usually Gomes with Doucoure. We need to start playing our best 11 every game. If one gets injured ok we have to live with that, but at the moment every time we rotate we drop points.

It's not just us. Every away team won last night, and for the first time in the league's history there have been more away wins than home. I think teams feel less pressure in the away games. We do need to decide how to play at home though.

Don't expect too many more away wins this season,we still have to go to United, City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea,games we just don't win traditionally. Our most away victories in the prem is 9,we currently have 7.

Not read the thread yet but I am sure it's been said, the fans making them play crap under pressure has been shot down in flames hasn't it. Never ever again can we blame the crowd for moaning and groaning.

It is upto the players to have the energy about them to get the crowd energised, and the Goodison crowd is so easy to get going with a bit of willing and spirit.
Not at all. If the fans have such an effect on the away team, then why can't they have the same effect on home players? The fact that there are more away wins than home clearly indicates that fans do have an effect, and it would be extremely naïve to think that it would only be on the away team, or only a positive effect on the home team. Pretty sure most of us would perform worse at work if we had 35000 people screaming and shouting abuse at us! And I can't speak for the Home crowd as I don't get to Goodison, but at the aways I've been to the fans are equally, if not more, easy to set off booing as cheering.

We're better without the ball than with it. We can sit back and defend deep then counter when the opportunity arises. At home the onus is on us to press and we're not good enough to play that way.
Which is different than how we won at the start of the season.

which has me wondering how we fit James in. We played better against a better team without him, than we did against a crap team with him.

it is insane since he is such a talent but is it wrong to think this?

Which is different than how we won at the start of the season.

which has me wondering how we fit James in. We played better against a better team without him, than we did against a crap team with him.

it is insane since he is such a talent but is it wrong to think this?
You're absolutely right - it's a puzzle. We probably need to change the system to accommodate him and protect the flank

Not sure anyone's really answering the question here though. I understand that winning away isn't as difficult as in other seasons, which is what every answer seems to be repeating, but it doesn't address the actual question being posed. Why are we winning away but not at home? The atmosphere is the same at both home and away games, so what is causing the difference?

Not sure anyone's really answering the question here though. I understand that winning away isn't as difficult as in other seasons, which is what every answer seems to be repeating, but it doesn't address the actual question being posed. Why are we winning away but not at home? The atmosphere is the same at both home and away games, so what is causing the difference?
I think it's pressure,.no pressure to get a result away from home ( certainly less anyway ) but would be expected to beat Leeds Newcastle west ham at home etc.

And as someone else has said, wrong lineups doesn't help

Status
Not open for further replies.