Why are we so good away and average at home ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just us struggling at home tbf, It is the same for quite a few teams in the league. Not getting cheered on by your own fans at home and having less abuse and pressure when you are away i guess. Weird old season all round this one. We really got to try and turn our home performances around somehow though as it could be our achilles heal this season.

Simple as.

We’re suited to being the away team.

West Ham, Newcastle both sat back against us, and we couldn’t break it down, we had to adapt to how we play, we struggle.

Going away, we sit back and use our pace to press and defend in numbers.

Some teams are very similar to us this season like Villa in that regard. I look forward to away games, and dread the home games.

I know it’s a weird season but does having no fans mean in the ground really make a difference?

We were told that the fume at Goodson put pressure on the team so with no fans why are we getting beat by Newcastle and West Ham and beating the likes of Leicester and Leeds away ?

If only we were as good as “average” in recent home games.

We have been way worse than average.

Nothing to do with us, check out stats from the whole league, there’s no home advantage this season without fans.

Fans missing

We can sit back and not feel obliged to atrack. Hit on counter, defend well and score a set piece.

Simple

You agree that we don't seem so good when the onus is on us to push on. Everyone probably Newcastle included thought we would win but it seems we can't dominate a game against a weaker side

We're better without the ball than with it. We can sit back and defend deep then counter when the opportunity arises. At home the onus is on us to press and we're not good enough to play that way.

I know it’s a weird season but does having no fans mean in the ground really make a difference?

We were told that the fume at Goodson put pressure on the team so with no fans why are we getting beat by Newcastle and West Ham and beating the likes of Leicester and Leeds away ?

Yes, look no further than no fans, that's all it is, just a quirk that our home form is indifferent but we must remember - the no fans applies to our opposition as much as to us.

A lot of our away performances have come from soaking up pressure and striking on the counter (Leicester, Leeds), maybe psychologically we think the onus is on us to attack more at home leaving spaces the opposition exploit?

The no fans has helped some of our players including Michael Keane, 'our fans' did him no favours whstsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.