Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the mystery that Miss Marple would have struggled to solve. In training the likes of Simms, Dobbin and Kenny must just not show any kind of ability. They can't get in ahead of Coleman and Rondon. Pretty much every other right back and forward starting on the bench in the Premiership would fancy their chances of getting a game at Everton ahead of those two. I loved Coleman at his peak but that was about 10 years ago. If Kenny is equally poor give the opportunity to one of the boys in the under 23s. If they're an even poorer option than what we have, then our youth set-up is truly appalling.
It is. There is a reason why most of our youth players end up playing lower league football.

Unsworth should have been booted years ago.

And what world class players play for these mighty Brazilian teams? What elite managers is Gallardo pitting his tactical wits up against?

Thats the point - S.America, Holland, to an extent Portugal have big historic clubs, good fans, bring a load of good players/managers but they dont stay there so you cant label Gallardo a top level manager until he proves it in a stronger league up against higher level manager/players.

Its like a Purple Belt in BJJ rolling with White Belts and claiming to be elite level because you're smashing people - you may be good/talented but you have to prove that at a higher rank/level to be considered the next Royce Gracie!
The Brazilan giants (Plameiras, Flamengo, Santos, Gremio, Mineiro) have vastly more spending power than Argentinian teams and so tend to hoover up all the best talent in South America. To even achieve a part of what Gallardo has done by mainly coaching young players and players bought on a shoestring is testament to his ability as a coach.

1 x Copa Sudamerican win
2 x Recopa Sudamericana wins
2 x Copalibertadores wins

and I'm gonna directly quote you here
"you cant label Gallardo a top level manager until he proves it in a stronger league up against higher level manager/players".

Yet a few posts back you were pushing the virtues of Ten Hag of Ajax who operates in the Eredivisie!!!

I give up with you - you're beyond reason

This is the mystery that Miss Marple would have struggled to solve. In training the likes of Simms, Dobbin and Kenny must just not show any kind of ability. They can't get in ahead of Coleman and Rondon. Pretty much every other right back and forward starting on the bench in the Premiership would fancy their chances of getting a game at Everton ahead of those two. I loved Coleman at his peak but that was about 10 years ago. If Kenny is equally poor give the opportunity to one of the boys in the under 23s. If they're an even poorer option than what we have, then our youth set-up is truly appalling.

Think you could cut that down to your last three words there mate.

Lampard all day long
I don't get the lampard shouts at all.
He tried hard for the club he loves. He did well but he inherited a great squad and had great talent coming through.
The second year he couldn't knock a tune out of these players and got fired
The guy who replaced him took the same squad and won the Champions League.
And now we want him?
So when Everton play Villa all the press can chat about the ex chelsea and liverpool giants going head to head. No thanks.

The Brazilan giants (Plameiras, Flamengo, Santos, Gremio, Mineiro) have vastly more spending power than Argentinian teams and so tend to hoover up all the best talent in South America. To even achieve a part of what Gallardo has done by mainly coaching young players and players bought on a shoestring is testament to his ability as a coach.

1 x Copa Sudamerican win

"you cant label Gallardo a top level manager until he proves it in a stronger league up against higher level manager/players".

Yet a few posts back you were pushing the virtues of Ten Hag of Ajax who operates in the Eredivisie!!!

Won the league for the first time since 2014 the other day too

Good manager, if he comes to Europe it will be a Spanish side i'm almost sure

I don't get the lampard shouts at all.
He tried hard for the club he loves. He did well but he inherited a great squad and had great talent coming through.
The second year he couldn't knock a tune out of these players and got fired
The guy who replaced him took the same squad and won the Champions League.
And now we want him?
So when Everton play Villa all the press can chat about the ex chelsea and liverpool giants going head to head. No thanks.

His side were disrupted by the signings who took a long time to gel. You can't compare him with Tuchel either because he is elite, a top 5 manager.

Like Tuchel went and got Lukaku because Werner isn't good enough. The new players didn't perform and it cost Lampard his job.

His side were disrupted by the signings who took a long time to gel. You can't compare him with Tuchel either because he is elite, a top 5 manager.

Like Tuchel went and got Lukaku because Werner isn't good enough. The new players didn't perform and it cost Lampard his job.
are you making an argument for or against Lampard?
You want a manager who new players won't play for?
Tuchel got Lukaku after he won the CL
Also Everton could have signed Tuchel a few years back, maybe we should keep an eye out for the next Tuchel and not settle for the guy who was way worse than him.

1 x Copa Sudamerican win

Sean Dyche though!

are you making an argument for or against Lampard?
You want a manager who new players won't play for?
Tuchel got Lukaku after he won the CL
Also Everton could have signed Tuchel a few years back, maybe we should keep an eye out for the next Tuchel and not settle for the guy who was way worse than him.

I'm making an argument in favour. I don't think Lampard wanted those players and I absolutely do not rate Werner. He will give chances to and improve young players and that is our only possible way out of this mess.

And I'm not going to disagree with that last sentence. That is the only option we have. No elite manager is coming near us so we need to find the next one. Easier said than done though with the incompetence and lack of vision we have at board level.

Nuno - sacked
Solskjaer - sacked
Farke - sacked
Smith - sacked
Munoz- sacked

It's not fantasy, it's the reality of failing to meet expectations in the Premier League.
How much time or money did they get:

Nuno loads of cash
Solksjaer loads of cash and time
Farke loads of time
Munoz loads of time

...Benitez no cash and no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.