Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard came top 4 with a young squad during a transfer ban. People only turn their nose up because he's not a truly elite manager like Tuchel. His achievement in his first season was excellent.

It's not sensible to compare him to Tuchel. Not elite manager is coming anywhere near us for the foreseeable future.

I also think he had a pretty good squad already in the door despite the transfer ban. I think Lampard could be a good manager in the future but I am not sure he has the experience needed to steady the sinking ship that is Everton.

RB will most likely be the scapegoat for all this after the derby result but he is close to the bottom of the list of problems Everton has currently even if his lack of subs is baffling and frustrating. You have to wonder what the bench players are showing in training every day to make RB have such a low opinion of them.

Nuno showed at Wolves he is good but if we don't have any money to get a manager out of a club I would go for Daniel Farke

Yes has just been sacked from Norwich but has showed he can work with youth players, and get a team playing better than the sum of its parts

Norwich will go down due to lack of quality but think he would do ok here

You talk of Ten Hag taking Ajax to a CL semi final but Gallardo has won the Copa Libertadores twice as a manager of River with only a fraction of the spending power of the mighty Brazilian teams.

Won the league this year and voted best South American coach for the last 4 years running. But not good enough for us in your opinion?

And what world class players play for these mighty Brazilian teams? What elite managers is Gallardo pitting his tactical wits up against?

Thats the point - S.America, Holland, to an extent Portugal have big historic clubs, good fans, bring a load of good players/managers but they dont stay there so you cant label Gallardo a top level manager until he proves it in a stronger league up against higher level manager/players.

Its like a Purple Belt in BJJ rolling with White Belts and claiming to be elite level because you're smashing people - you may be good/talented but you have to prove that at a higher rank/level to be considered the next Royce Gracie!

Potterball - finished 16th last season and has won 1 in last 9 this season

Lampard - had the current champions of europe 9th after spending £250 million

Gallardo - hipster who wont leave the comfort zone of S. America where Funes Mori looked like Beckenbauer.

Anorim - Silva MRKII

Fonesca - done nothing outside of the biggest club in Ukraine

Ohhhh Im so excited to see what any of this lot could do with this squad of ours!
Glad to see you're excited about post-Benitez Everton.

I also think he had a pretty good squad already in the door despite the transfer ban. I think Lampard could be a good manager in the future but I am not sure he has the experience needed to steady the sinking ship that is Everton.

RB will most likely be the scapegoat for all this after the derby result but he is close to the bottom of the list of problems Everton has currently even if his lack of subs is baffling and frustrating. You have to wonder what the bench players are showing in training every day to make RB have such a low opinion of them.

He baulked at Norwich too as he either didn't want it/saw it difficult/not glamorous/bigger job. Dean Smith jumped straight.

So don't know whether that tells you about his character because he certainly wobbled when the pressure was on at Chelsea.

Nuno showed at Wolves he is good but if we don't have any money to get a manager out of a club I would go for Daniel Farke

Yes has just been sacked from Norwich but has showed he can work with youth players, and get a team playing better than the sum of its parts

Defensively naive. At least Potter knows how to organise a defence.

Well if benitez gets us relegated he at least knows the championship.

Nuno - sacked
Solskjaer - sacked
Farke - sacked
Smith - sacked
Munoz- sacked

It's not fantasy, it's the reality of failing to meet expectations in the Premier League.
If you disregard Nuno and Munoz then all these managers have had a high level of trust in their clubs. They were fired because over time they failed to develop a team that met the expectations of the club.

Watford are known for firing their managers, and it is not long before Ranieri disappears. As for Spurs, they now got an opportunity they did not have this summer, and since Nuno was never a popular appointment, they used the opportunity they were given. Steve Bruce was fired in Newcastle due to the new owners, and it is not long before Eddie Howe is fired.

This is the mystery that Miss Marple would have struggled to solve. In training the likes of Simms, Dobbin and Kenny must just not show any kind of ability. They can't get in ahead of Coleman and Rondon. Pretty much every other right back and forward starting on the bench in the Premiership would fancy their chances of getting a game at Everton ahead of those two. I loved Coleman at his peak but that was about 10 years ago. If Kenny is equally poor give the opportunity to one of the boys in the under 23s. If they're an even poorer option than what we have, then our youth set-up is truly appalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.