Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'd take Potter or Kovac over both of them.

Being better than Pereira is not the criteria that needs to be met, FFS.

I think virtually everyone would take Potter, but he wouldn't take us so it's all pretty academic.

Personally, he shouldn't be in the poll because he's totally unrealistic. I'd vote for him if I thought he was, but it's pie in the sky.

He seems to be someone who if we had him long term, would learn and improve year on year.

I think his football is overrated and also his character is like Benitez...never met the bloke but thats the impression i get.

Posters here saw a couple of international games (i didnt watch it) but if they'd seen him play in Holland they'd know he cant control a ball or cross well.

Sometimes the idea is more enticing than the reality -- which so far is that he's flopped in Italy.
He is better than your recommendation who would have cost at least twice the price from Norwich

For my tuppence worth the best choice from the candidates mentioned would be Lampard. Young, hungry, progressive, and with plenty of ideas.

Mind you, I said similar things when I supported the appointment of Marco Silva.

If we were mid-table then hiring Pereira or Kovac would be less of a risk. But for a team in our position, a manager with no premier league experience is a massive gamble.

As for Rooney. Everyone keeps saying what a great job he's doing at Derby under the circumstances. But he still has only a 27.3% win rate. No, it's far too soon.
There is plenty of time for him in the future.

If I was in talks with the club, I'd find it hard to resist the temptation to snigger when asked about philosophy, plans, methods, vision etc, since the people making the decision seemingly have none of these things when it comes to the business management of a football club. Their record in that respect is consistent and unarguable.

It's easy to see how a lot managers who take their careers seriously enough and are already in work wouldn't want to come here. And there is always a proportion of the remainder who will sweet talk and say anything just to get their hands on the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.