Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is, it's not the manager's issue with Everton. The team is just not good enough. If Rafael had a better team at his disposal, he would've done so much better.
I'm intrigued by your thought process and logic around this.

This team came 10th last season with 59 points. The manager changed. New manager sanctions players leaving and forces 2 players out. New manager has our worst results in decades. And that's not his fault?

I mean, if he had Man City's players at his disposal, I'm sure he would have been higher up the table than we are, but it's false to suggest that he couldn't have done better with what he had.

IF and it’s a huge if the main two candidates for the job are Lampard and Rooney then I think I would personally prefer it if we gave the job to Rooney and hear me out

Whilst their own personal achievements mean nothing in management I think you need to have managers who know all about “winning”. Weirdly enough both Lampard and Rooney have won 11 trophies. I have only included prem titles, domestic cups and European cups not 1 off games like the charity shield and super cup or weird tournaments like the world club cup. So they are both “winners” and have that “winning mentality”. This is important because you don’t want someone to come in who is going to just focus on nicking a goal and then sitting deep for the rest of the game trying to hang on to 3 points. We’ve seen that far too often in the last few seasons. We want someone who is gonna come in and change the mentality of this side and the way we play.

I think Rooney would also be the better appointment because he has an actual affinity with the club unlike Lampard plus he would probably work really well with Duncan Ferguson and the players. Personally I would give him a 2 1/2 year contract and then if he does a good job next season he can earn himself a new contract.

Now I think Lampard is probably going to get the job though. First, Wayne is currently tied down at Derby and has a massive project there to try and save that club from relegation whereas frank is a free agent. Second there are rumours Watford are going to sack Ranieri and maybe Frank is a possible candidate to replace him. Watford is very close to his family home so he wouldn’t have to travel far either. With that in mind someone like Moshiri could employ Lampard out of fear rather than out of logic and we know Moshiri is not a great decision maker.

Honestly I don’t want either but if it has to be one of these 2 candidates then my vote goes to Rooney on the proviso he is given a short term contract to begin with.

IF and it’s a huge if the main two candidates for the job are Lampard and Rooney then I think I would personally prefer it if we gave the job to Rooney and hear me out

Whilst their own personal achievements mean nothing in management I think you need to have managers who know all about “winning”. Weirdly enough both Lampard and Rooney have won 11 trophies. I have only included prem titles, domestic cups and European cups not 1 off games like the charity shield and super cup or weird tournaments like the world club cup. So they are both “winners” and have that “winning mentality”. This is important because you don’t want someone to come in who is going to just focus on nicking a goal and then sitting deep for the rest of the game trying to hang on to 3 points. We’ve seen that far too often in the last few seasons. We want someone who is gonna come in and change the mentality of this side and the way we play.

I think Rooney would also be the better appointment because he has an actual affinity with the club unlike Lampard plus he would probably work really well with Duncan Ferguson and the players. Personally I would give him a 2 1/2 year contract and then if he does a good job next season he can earn himself a new contract.

Now I think Lampard is probably going to get the job though. First, Wayne is currently tied down at Derby and has a massive project there to try and save that club from relegation whereas frank is a free agent. Second there are rumours Watford are going to sack Ranieri and maybe Frank is a possible candidate to replace him. Watford is very close to his family home so he wouldn’t have to travel far either. With that in mind someone like Moshiri could employ Lampard out of fear rather than out of logic and we know Moshiri is not a great decision maker.

Honestly I don’t want either but if it has to be one of these 2 candidates then my vote goes to Rooney on the proviso he is given a short term contract to begin with.

What in the actual ….

I’ve read that twice and don’t get it. Maybe it’s the whiskey

I agree with you. They should know what they are doing But they have done a superb job the last 5 times haven’t they.?
1000, eh. Wow! They would all be a risk mate….they will be managing players who don’t know the fundamentals of basic attacking football. That’s a risky task.
This squad can stay up with the correct management, of that I have no doubt. Finding the correct manager is the trick. The recent track record in manager selection is poor but maybe the current situation will focus a few minds

I don't have any idea who could save us. We are on the slide as Norwich and Newcastle are starting to pick up points.

Lampard, Rooney, Martinez 2 the revenge, Cannelloni, what a motley crew of uninspiring options that is. Has Bill sounded out Moyes yet. What a joke of a club. We slag off the likes of sly sports for being lazy linking us with all the usual suspect, its not them being lazy it's the head of the old boys network.

We may end up paying a heavy, heavy price for not dispatching Benitez earlier. I can't imagine any other club would have kept him as long as we did with that run.

Yeah Bill there were some good times. Not many mind. Nobody's laughing now though.

I'd rather either of them than Cannavaro.

Lucien Favre on an 18-month deal is the actual pick but that would require somebody sensible at the club.

Why do people think he would come to a side 16th in the table when he bailed on Crystal Palace before the season had even begun?

Bloke would fall on his arse with this side imo most managers would.

We did try warn them about sacking a manager mid season in our position.

@Saint Domingo
@davek
@4737carlin
@FrenchDarrenBent

The point is, it's not the manager's issue with Everton. The team is just not good enough. If Rafael had a better team at his disposal, he would've done so much better.
Is that the same Rafael that told us 'i have a plan' ?
2 & 1/2 months to sort the squad.
Then promptly shunted out 2 of our best players , punted the DOF , The Chief Scout and Medical Director ?

Played Rondon for ...what was it ? 15 games without a sniff of a goal and had the team playing like complete strangers.

Why do people think he would come to a side 16th in the table when he bailed on Crystal Palace before the season had even begun?

Bloke would fall on his arse with this side imo most managers would.

We did try warn them about sacking a manager mid season in our position.

@Saint Domingo
@davek
@4737carlin
@FrenchDarrenBent
No your right for once

Manager should have been sacked months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.