Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right am going to say this with a huge caveat, which is I want neither of them right now for different reasons.

Rooney is doing a job which is light years better than Lampard at Derby. To get Derby off the bottom of the table having started with -21 points, not knowing if you'll have a team to put out, having players contracts cancelled. He is doing an absolutely sterling job, and is proving a lot of people including me wrong. Lampard went to Derby had the pick of some of the best youth prospects from Chelsea, and a nice budget thanks to their owner who massively overspent, and couldn't get them up.

I don't want Lampard at all as he has proven nothing, that season at Chelsea when he couldn't spend, he had the youth to turn to who looked up to him as an idol, they worked their backsides of for "their frank". He will get non of that here, then the season after was pretty poor. I also have serious doubts as to why he hasn't took another job, I think the LAAANDAN boy in him wants to stay south.

Rooney, I think might have a chance at being a top coach/manager, but I think its too soon for him and after everything that's happened to him at Derby I think it would be brilliant for him to see the job out and see if he can save them. If he does I think there is serious hope that he will be a top draw for a managerial role. I would also want to make sure we had a proper structure and team in place to support him, IE DOF doing their proper job and ability to bring in the right team members.

Lampard has shown nothing imo except being able to highly motivate youth prospects who grew up adoring him, you seriously have to question why he hasn't took a number of job opportunities.

I don't really understand the issue around this point. If he has a release clause, either we pay it or we don't. What are all the discussions about with the Belgian FA
Trying to grind them down first I assume

Would they really prefer to lose him completely, or would it be better to agree to a job share?

Status
Not open for further replies.