Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what mate, over the course of the past 48 hours I've reprimanded a couple of people for having a dig at you... as to say the least, some of your posts are completely whacko.
And suggesting the Argentinian League is a farmers league just about takes the biscuit.
What planet do you emanate from?
Don't bother to reply as I'm now off to send apologies to those reprimanded.
Ta Ra.

Leeds look as if they might sack Bielsa and his happy little interpreter. Would you have him in place of Rafael? Or is it same for same?

You know what mate, over the course of the past 48 hours I've reprimanded a couple of people for having a dig at you... as to say the least, some of your posts are completely whacko.
And suggesting the Argentinian League is a farmers league just about takes the biscuit.
What planet do you emanate from?
Don't bother to reply as I'm now off to send apologies to those reprimanded.
Ta Ra.

Name me a hand full world class players or managers in that league mate?

Its an entertaining league, great passionate fans and South America develops a lot of top players but they all leave to europe.

The top 3-4 leagues like PL, La Liga, Serie A, Bungerliga the quality is miles ahead.

Its an entertaining league, great passionate fans and South America develops a lot of top players but they all leave to europe.

The top 3-4 leagues like PL, La Liga, Serie A, Bungerliga the quality is miles ahead.
Oh behave yourself... all the best Argentinian players/managers inevitably end up in Europe for the humungous salaries on offer but, they all start there.

Oh behave yourself... all the best Argentinian players/managers inevitably end up in Europe for the humungous salaries on offer but, they all start there.

I agree... but taking Gallardo for example what world class managers is he up against?

He doesn't have the likes of Pep, Tuchel, Klopp to compete against. He doesn't have to coach his players to perform against your Salahs, KDB's, Kantes etc.

Managers from those sorts of leagues are a big risk same as Fonseca he done a great job in Ukraine but struggled in comparison in Italy where the standard of competition was higher.

Klopp had won a title with Dortmund and broken up Bayerns monopoly and also got to a CL Final.

Mourinho won a CL with Porto.

Anorim has won a title in a farmers league as has Gallardo.

Neither are the same mate.

The only one I would take a gamble on is Ten Hag although he would struggle like hell with this squad.

I think you might be a tad harsh on some of the leagues.

The issue to me is the sort of club they have come from, and the sort of club we are.

They manage teams who are in the top 2-3 in their league.

We manage a team with a top 10 wage bill, not much to spend, and a squad that is in a bit of a mess. You also have a very angry fanbase who are very demanding.

Theres not a huge difference between the 8th best squad and 18th best squad, in either wage spend or wider quality.

We dont have the buffer Liverpool, or Chelsea had. So they can probably take more gambles.

Look at Silva. Doing perfectly well at Fulham, did ok at Watford, a decent coach, but found out here.

I really worry about coaches who have managed teams at the top end of their league. I am coming to the point I'd rather we go and get a fella like Dyche, who at least knows how to be an underdog.

Gallardo...

Usually it's a breeding ground for up and coming managers. For example Gallardo (45), Medina (Tallares, 43), Gago (Racing, 35), Battaglia (Boca, 41) and Baccacece (Defensa, 40).

It's not a destination league for anybody but its certainly a great place to start your career. Loads of quality managers have came from there.

It really is not that far off the leagues you mentioned, it's a very tough and arduous league with big crowds and passionate fans. Certainly the best league in South America.

You cant just call something a farmers league without knowing anything about it!

OK I have to admit it. I fancy the Bielsa interpreter. I would give him a job anytime.
I have always been intrigued by this chap….I understand a little Spanish and it always seems Bielsa says a lot more than the interpreter translates. I don’t think his heart is in the job to be honest

Gallardo...

Usually it's a breeding ground for up and coming managers. For example Gallardo (45), Medina (Tallares, 43), Gago (Racing, 35), Battaglia (Boca, 41) and Baccacece (Defensa, 40).

It's not a destination league for anybody but its certainly a great place to start your career. Loads of quality managers have came from there.

It really is not that far off the leagues you mentioned, it's a very tough and arduous league with big crowds and passionate fans. Certainly the best league in South America.

You cant just call something a farmers league without knowing anything about it!

Im not arguing that im arguing that people who call Gallardo a great manager are wrong to do so when he isn't proven anything in a top league.

If he went to a Hoffenheim or Malaga and won a title/trophy in a big league thats fair enough but as it stands he would be a big risk same as the likes of Anorim who's doing well in a league Fonesca and Silva did well in yet neither are top tier managers.

Only reason I would say Ten Hag is less of a risk is because he has at least taken Ajax to a CL semi final but he still would be a risk as the Eredivsie for all the top talent its produced and historic clubs the quality just isn't at the top 3 or 4 league's calibre.

Im not arguing that im arguing that people who call Gallardo a great manager are wrong to do so when he isn't proven anything in a top league.

If he went to a Hoffenheim or Malaga and won a title/trophy in a big league thats fair enough but as it stands he would be a big risk same as the likes of Anorim who's doing well in a league Fonesca and Silva did well in yet neither are top tier managers.

Only reason I would say Ten Hag is less of a risk is because he has at least taken Ajax to a CL semi final but he still would be a risk as the Eredivsie for all the top talent its produced and historic clubs the quality just isn't at the top 3 or 4 league's calibre.
Any manager is a risk. Any good manager (or indeed player) can come from anywhere. Just because someone in the past does well or does not do well doesn't mean that the next one will do the same. Amorim isn't Fonseca or Silva, he has done a more impressive job than both of them.

You were arguing that the Argentine league is a farmers league. That's why people responded to you about it! It's really not, you just evidently don't know much about it (again that's no knock, its not as if its very accessible here).

Status
Not open for further replies.