Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, Martinez showed what he could do but his stubborness is what cost him his job. He isn't an awful manager, two semi's and a season which normally gets 4th comfortably. There was always the potential for progress with Martinez but he did not learn from his mistakes while on the job. Martinez forme would be a good manaer with DOF who had full control of siging players to match the passing philosophy. However the alledged lack of set piece training while here would be a concern.

The big question for me, has Roberto Martinez learnt from his mistakes? I have faith he can get sides playing football I just would be wary of whether or not he is able to adapt to difference situations and utilise a plan B and plan C. As Interim I would see it as an okay move, give him an opportunity ot show he has learned from the past, while not commiting to anything from our point of view with the aimto review at the end of the season about how to move forward.

Would he get the best out of DCL? He's strong in his general play for me and I cant help but feel Martinez'style would suit him. On the flip side, I feel Richarlison, Gray and Gordon could really flourish.

You can Mitigate his downfalls by good transfer activity. If there is a plan to bring in a DOF. You get someone who buys good defenders. Imagine Gordon, Richarlison and Calvet in a front three with Patterson with new defenders new midfield .

Everton do not have a bad team, there is a core of 6 really strong players. Martinez could rebuild with a philosophy far stronger than Big Sam or Koeman.

Martinez plays much better football than the last 5 managers Everton have had.

Won 3 trophies with Utd in 2016/17 and got them 2nd in the table.

Got Spurs to a cup final in his 1st season but sacked before the final itself which he could have landed them silverware.

He aint the Mourinho of years gone by but he's a miles better option than the rubbish we're linked with.

Give it Dunc until the summer and throw some cash at him/Roma if we cant attract any boss young up and comer.
He’s renowned for causing murder wherever he goes. Falling out with players and staff alike. That’s exactly the opposite of what we should be looking for given the murder that big iberian eejit has caused.

My favourite from Martinez was when we were in and around the relegation zone and he was still talking about getting to 4th. Nothing wrong with a positive mental attitude until it starts to sound less positive and more delusional !

Anyway, to his credit he left and did an ok if unspectacular job at Belgium - who are still top of the Fifa rankings incredibly - phenomenal.

The first Martinez season was also an overachievement. We won a whole bunch of games on screamers. That doesn't always happen. Remember we went to Swansea and did nothing but still won on a Coleman thunderbolt and Barkley's late free kick? You can't do that every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.