Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where im at.

At least Rooney is out managing. At least Carsley went off to do things as well, not linger like a bad stench waiting go to be given the job.

Go and earn it.
Completely correct if Ferguson wants the job he should be told in no uncertain terms that he needs to go and earn it not hope to step into dead mans shoes.

1 League title, 1 Cup and a couple of 5th place finishes doesn't make them a bigger club than Everton.

I actuay think you need a sense of perspective. Next season will be our 120th season in the top flight. That isn't nondescript and average.

We've had a poor couple of decades in terms of winning trophies, but that doesn't detract from every other aspect of the club.

If you think it does, why are you bothering?
I have supported this club for 30 years and will continue to do so until I no longer inhabit this Earth.

However, I do not live under a rock and know that what I have highlighted above does not make us a big club in today's definition of a big club, which was my initial point...

Nobody cares that we are in our 120th season in the top flight...

"Poor couple of decades in terms of winning trophies" is an understatement and exactly why we are not a big club.

Sorry to burst your bubble...

Ridiculous Statement. He was the best one we had after Moyes apart from Carlo. He's a progressive who plays attractive football and has done great with Belgium.
Belgium have had a top three international squad over his time there and he's won nothing. So he's not done great at all. He's underachieved..

And our best manager is like being the best smelling outhouse. Who cares.

There is probably a case for Rooney but I don't think it should be built using his win percentage at Derby. Results based thinking is what gets us into these messes. Focus on what the process will be.
All these Rooney shouts show how small of a club we really are. No offense to Rooney, but Derby and Everton not even close to the same job.

Martinez would send me over the edge.

WOW… I have very few words. I really liked Martinez at first. That 5th place finish was the most fun I’ve ever had watching Everton (I’m too young to have seen earlier success) but how could anyone think that he would be a good candidate for this current situation?

Mourinho?!? That I genuinely have no words for. I’d only consider for strictly six months, but he would never accept that anyway.

As much as I like Duncan, this team badly needs a reset. I don’t think we should retain any of the existing coaching staff. I think he has more credentials than people give him credit for, but not for this job. And he’s clearly part of the problem. I mean he’s been the assistant manager for so many failing teams now. Why would be bear no responsibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.