Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we will get Duncan Ferguson 100% for the next 2 game I say then I don’t know who we will get. I don’t think mourinho will join us, would love him and could win the fa cup with him, Wayne Rooney i would love but we’d have to wait till end of season as he has a mammoth task at derby, Graham potter could join us, will he? It will be difficult to pull him away from Brighton, Roberto Martinez no thanks, can’t really appoint him again, finally Rudi Garcia has done well on serie a and got Lyon to the semi final of the champions league, he likes possession and strong aggressive players, I don’t know too much about him apart from that.

On Potter

We all love our respective clubs and put them on a pedestal - every club's fans are guilty of this. "Oh let's just get XYZ", "Why don't we go and sign ABC"?

Everton, at the moment, are not a very attractive prospect for an ambitious manager like Graham Potter. I know it hurts to read this, given Everton's history and "big club status", but as of right now little Brighton are a much better run club, with (arguably) a better playing squad and undeniably a business model.

Potter has not had a failure in his career so far, and Everton's managerial history recently has been dire. Benitez (18 months), Ancelotti (18 months), Marco Silva (19 months), Allardyce (7 months), Koeman (16 months).

Potter has 100% job security at little Brighton, where the main priority is staying in the division. He has an unblemished record and has made it very clear he wants to manage the biggest club(s) in the world. He is unlikely to want to spend 18 months at Everton, get sacked, then have to rebuild his reputation at "another Brighton".

In short, Potter will eventually go to a much bigger club than Brighton, but there is absolutely zero chance it will be Everton.

I think it will be Niko Kovac (no compensation needed), or Rooney (to "compensate" having a Kopite as manager, bring in a former player and appease the fans).
I think thats likely true although with a caveat and that is if Dan Ashworth was hired as DoF. An approach that would likely be far more significant than even hiring Potter outright (but also unlikely). I agree the perception and noise around the everton job makes it not the most attractive proposition but approaching DoF's of smaller Prem clubs might be more feasible.

Stuart Webber at Norwich or Phil Giles at Brentford might see the amounts at their disposal and take the risk. Maybe even Ashworth. And those might be able to find the next Potters let alone build a more stable clubs.

Regardless instead of a Mourinho or Martinez rumor I wish I saw Moshiri approaching aany of those above names. The club first and foremost needs a DoF.

Would be happy to give it to dunc til the end of the season. If he can get Goodson rocking like that game against Chelsea (still one of my favourite ever everton games) then we will stay up.

In the meantime hire a DoF and let him actually implement a long term football strategy. I fear Moshiris meddling ego will never allow this to happen

Spurs fan. Saw the Jose name, his football is eye bleeding, sit back passively and then hoof it forward before throwing the players under the bus when it goes wrong. The only entertainment is the interviews, it would be a huge mistake, he is finished as a top manager.
I wanted during the summer Potter for us, I think he is the real deal, gets good out of crap or average and plays positive football. Good luck on your manager search.

Im not disputing that mate but Utd fans have seen more success in the last 4-5 years than Evertonians have since the 80's and no manager since Mourinho has come close to winning something at Utd or finishing 2nd in the table.

Not saying he should be our no1 choice but neither should we be moaning if he came here as we are 15th, skint and haven't won a trophy in 27 years.

We also have a squad of shirkers who still need booting out the door.

…no more off that merry-go-round. With the greatest respect, you were calling for Dyche a month ago if your beloved got sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.