Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Potter

We all love our respective clubs and put them on a pedestal - every club's fans are guilty of this. "Oh let's just get XYZ", "Why don't we go and sign ABC"?

Everton, at the moment, are not a very attractive prospect for an ambitious manager like Graham Potter. I know it hurts to read this, given Everton's history and "big club status", but as of right now little Brighton are a much better run club, with (arguably) a better playing squad and undeniably a business model.

Potter has not had a failure in his career so far, and Everton's managerial history recently has been dire. Benitez (18 months), Ancelotti (18 months), Marco Silva (19 months), Allardyce (7 months), Koeman (16 months).

Potter has 100% job security at little Brighton, where the main priority is staying in the division. He has an unblemished record and has made it very clear he wants to manage the biggest club(s) in the world. He is unlikely to want to spend 18 months at Everton, get sacked, then have to rebuild his reputation at "another Brighton".

In short, Potter will eventually go to a much bigger club than Brighton, but there is absolutely zero chance it will be Everton.

I think it will be Niko Kovac (no compensation needed), or Rooney (to "compensate" having a Kopite as manager, bring in a former player and appease the fans).
Potter would crawl stark naked through razor blades for the Everton job mate. Get real.

I know this will be controversial but I think it's more important that the powers that be decide a direction they want the club to go in, what style of play etc, appoint a decent director of football, not necessarily to bring planters in but set the whole club playing and setting up the same way, the u12s play as we want the first team, when the club can decide that an appropriate manager is put in place, and I'm sorry to say but if needs be big Dunc is moved to another role or let go, over the last so many years, things have not greatly improved under any manager, i think it's time for a complete clear out.

Ask any Man U fan they hated Mourinhos time with them

Spurs fan, you will want to shoot yourself with Jose, the football style is appalling like Pulis, sit back passively then hoof it forward. When the players no longer perform they all get thrown under the bus. His interviews are entertaining to be fair and would give you a laugh.

Ask any Man U fan they hated Mourinhos time with them

Im not disputing that mate but Utd fans have seen more success in the last 4-5 years than Evertonians have since the 80's and no manager since Mourinho has come close to winning something at Utd or finishing 2nd in the table.

Not saying he should be our no1 choice but neither should we be moaning if he came here as we are 15th, skint and haven't won a trophy in 27 years.

We also have a squad of shirkers who still need booting out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.