Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just no chance of relegation.

no chance.

look at the teams lower in the league, they’re far worse.

Yeah I’ve seen them. One scored 5 past us at home and one beat us comfortably last match. We had a good ten minute spell to prevent us losing to a third, and the other is the richest club in the world and signing players.

I hope nobody at the club has the attitude we are too good to go down.

We are right and truly screwed here. The options right now are desperate at best. No one is going to want to play for us. The players we have are going to be looking for an exit as soon as possible if we don’t get this appointment right. Recycling managers just signals mid-table mediocrity. Of what’s available right now, Nuno I think is the most likely to steer us clear of the drop. But is he the one to guide us back in the mix, NO! Roberto is a good guy and was well liked during his tenure. But he has accomplished NOTHING short of that FA Cup. NO! Does Big Dunc have what it takes to compete with the Klopp and the [Poor language removed] and the likes of Conte and Pep? Sadly, I think NO! For me, there is no truly simple choice. But this club needs to make a statement. This club needs to take a big swing. This club is currently wallowing in that mid-table sludge. I fear we are going to cement our place there if we don’t get this next appointment correct. For me, it’s Lampard or Rooney. Neither is a safe choice. But they would at least signal intent to progress. I’m not going to argue for Lampard. It’s Rooney for me. He is an Evertonian and he is….well, he’s [Poor language removed] Wayne Rooney! No one need explain who he is or what he has done. Give him the keys to the building and let’s get in line. Honestly, even if he ends up a massive failure, that wouldn’t be far off from where we find ourselves now. Rooney in!

gone quiet now after the initial Martinez burst. surely we must have talked to Lampard, Rooney's agent and other umemployed managers like Kovac by now.

really hope we get an appointment by early next week, but i am starting to lose confidence anything will be done in the transfer market anymore. A new manager must come in all guns blazing and done his homework in order to get signings done in time

gone quiet now after the initial Martinez burst. surely we must have talked to Lampard, Rooney's agent and other umemployed managers like Kovac by now.

really hope we get an appointment by early next week, but i am starting to lose confidence anything will be done in the transfer market anymore. A new manager must come in all guns blazing and done his homework in order to get signings done in time
It'll be done. Rest assured of that.

Yeah I’ve seen them. One scored 5 past us at home and one beat us comfortably last match. We had a good ten minute spell to prevent us losing to a third, and the other is the richest club in the world and signing players.

I hope nobody at the club has the attitude we are too good to go down.
If we carry on with Benitez form - 5 points in 10 matches - project that, we'd end up with under 30 points.

If you do the same with Newcastle, Norwich and Burnley (they have a couple of games in hand) form then they only end up a few points below.

So, you'd have to be certain that those teams won't improve at all (I think at least two of them will, Newcastle most likely).

And then of course, we need to improve - and for that to happen they have to get the management team right.

I guess we'll see if Ferguson does a decent enough job in the next game. I wouldn't be against him taking it until the summer and then re-assess. He's been lingering in the background for so long now that he's either the solution or part of the problem - one way to find out.

I guess we'll see if Ferguson does a decent enough job in the next game. I wouldn't be against him taking it until the summer and then re-assess. He's been lingering in the background for so long now that he's either the solution or part of the problem - one way to find out.
I’d not be against giving him the interim job provided he pulls us away from trouble over the next few games. Would give the board breathing space to get a DoF and work on the club’s identity. However we all know Moshiri is unlikely to work that way…..

I just don't know much about him so was asking for some insight, record doesn't seem brilliant to me considering he was managing Bayern. but as I said, I don't know much about him.
Ah, fair enough. I'd say his work before and after Bayern is worth looking at.

Equally, there is an element of "most of the names listed are terrible" - Kovac is easily the "least worst" candidate when compared to Martinez, Lampard, Mourinho and co. Rooney's being a blue is great, but there is a risk that his management inexperience is being overlooked as a consequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.