Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ol Spitty himself, Carragher, just popped in on toffee TV. He said give it Dunc for the rest of the season and find a competent DOF to hire the next manager. Also said evertonians are being portrayed unfairly regarding Benitez sacking. Spitty said, "Media saying he was never given a chance due to being a red, but in reality no manager would survive 1 win in 13" (paraphrased). Surprisingly sensible for him.

Ol Spitty himself, Carragher, just popped in on toffee TV. He said give it Dunc for the rest of the season and find a competent DOF to hire the next manager. Also said evertonians are being portrayed unfairly regarding Benitez sacking. Spitty said, "Media saying he was never given a chance due to being a red, but in reality no manager would survive 1 win in 13" (paraphrased). Surprisingly sensible for him.

Comes in on 31 minutes

Whoever comes in I don’t want them to be dragged into a situation where if things go badly wrong we cling on to them for too long like we have with Benitez.

Having said that I’m not sure anyone who comes in can be as bad as that.
Can we get the next one on a weekly rolling contract would make it a bit easier for us

Like Ancelotti?
Like Benitez?
Like Silva?
Like Martinez?

All of them were proper right; wake up, we need to take a chance because the "proper managers" are crap...

Or do you want Pep or Klopp?
Lol, "wake up", the cry of every maniac on this forum. Neither you nor I have any clue how Rooney, Dunc and Baines would get on as a managerial team, let alone predicting Europe within two years. We need a proper plan from boardroom to pitch and the nerve to see it through, until that happens there will be no success at this club. A complete novice, given our situation, is a very big risk. That being said I would prefer that to a highly paid has been like Benitez or Mourinho. There is a middle ground, of course, that you choose to ignore. A younger manager with a few years experience and no "Hollywood" name, many have been proposed, Potter being the most obvious example. I don't give a toss about the boys pen or any other nostalgic nonsense, having been a blue at one time is no qualification at all, neither is winning some pots a decade or more ago. Decide what sort of football we want to play, decide upon a structure for transfers, age group teams, scouting, medical services then choose a manager who suits that system and back him. It's not rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.