Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having said that I want Rooney but that’s more FOMO then anything and he come for the team..Lampard coming for the money
I don't know, they're all driven by money, no matter how much of it they have. I think that both Rooney and Lampard would also come with a desire to prove themselves as top class coaches. I think they both have great potential and are at the beginning of their careers, taking on a long term project like Everton would be more appealing to the likes of them than it would be to more established managers.

I would prefer Lampard, purely because I don't think it would do Wayne too much good on a personal level, to be living and working on Merseyside. Having said that either of them would be people who I think ould have a chance of turning it around here. They may be young and relatively inexperienced, but, their playing careers will earn them respect in the dressing room.

I'd like Kovac, but I believe it'll be Ferguson. I think it'll only take a couple of results to sway the board to give it him full time.
Possibly, but that would obviously depend on Duncan getting those results. While a defiant, backs-to-the-wall, chest-out display against Villa is a possibility, this kind of thing runs out of road quick enough. Dunc could win his first few games but will have the wind taken out of his sails by the first savvy manager who outfoxes him and after that it's uphill all the way. The bubble will pop. And when it does, the myth of Duncan the motivator will be exposed because there is, in all likelihood, very little behind Plan A: get stuck in. Heavyweight managers can ride out a schooling by a top side - or even a mid-table side - because they've got their record to fall back on. Duncan has a few head-butts and a prison stint to point to. It won't cut it when he's revealed for what he most likely is: a totemic cheerleader.

Possibly, but that would obviously depend on Duncan getting those results. While a defiant, backs-to-the-wall, chest-out display against Villa is a possibility, this kind of thing runs out of road quick enough. Dunc could win his first few games but will have the wind taken out of his sails by the first savvy manager who outfoxes him and after that it's uphill all the way. The bubble will pop. And when it does, the myth of Duncan the motivator will be exposed because there is, in all likelihood, very little behind Plan A: get stuck in. Heavyweight managers can ride out a schooling by a top side - or even a mid-table side - because they've got their record to fall back on. Duncan has a few head-butts and a prison stint to point to. It won't cut it when he's revealed for what he most likely is: a totemic cheerleader.
How do you know that what he is?
these heavyweight managers you speak of all started somewhere

That figure doesn't sound believable. By most accounts Benitez was on £6m ayear. EVEN IF we didn't have a "you're crap" clause in there, that's ~£15m left we would have had to pay him. I cannot believe that the people he brought in would comprise more than £30m additonally.
I have read it on twitter from Paul Joyce I think cant remember????

How do you know that what he is?
these heavyweight managers you speak of all started somewhere
I don't. I said "most likely". He will now get his opportunity to prove his worth and show us what he has. Good luck to him.

Heavyweight managers do indeed need to start somewhere. It's just that they don't tend to wait until they are 50 to do so...

Anyone who comes in now is on a hiding to nothing. If we stay up - which we should (fingers and toes firmly crossed) - then all well and good. But if we do get dragged down then who will be to blame? The Manager! And once we are down then what are his chances of getting the quality into the Club that we will need to push on. We will be basement bargaining and whilst we may do a Brentford or a Norwich (and fair play they are both making trying to make a fist of it) - for goodness sake, I'm being reduced here to comparing us with teams like this - we will then be saddled with players who won't be capable of standing their ground in the Prem never mind competing for Top 6 so we are back to square one and may well become the next West Brom...boing, boing! What may be be good enough for them is NOT good enough for us. That's why I don't think we should jump at the first 'available' candidate and, at least, give Big Dunc his opportunity until the end of the season. IF he can turn things around and get us safety then job done and in the meantime it gives our owner time to sort his s*** out and complete due diligence on the next candidate (or whipping horse).

The abomination "Give it Dunc"

Genuine question: how many wools are on this forum?

It's unforgivable.
Aye, that's what's unforgivable. Not the relentless support of a kopite who was on our worst run in decades and statistically had a worse start than our previous worst ever manager.

If they do 'give it dunc', then I hope you throw your entire support behind him until the moment he is sacked. You know, because all the good and real supporters get behind the manager.

Lol, "wake up", the cry of every maniac on this forum. Neither you nor I have any clue how Rooney, Dunc and Baines would get on as a managerial team, let alone predicting Europe within two years. We need a proper plan from boardroom to pitch and the nerve to see it through, until that happens there will be no success at this club. A complete novice, given our situation, is a very big risk. That being said I would prefer that to a highly paid has been like Benitez or Mourinho. There is a middle ground, of course, that you choose to ignore. A younger manager with a few years experience and no "Hollywood" name, many have been proposed, Potter being the most obvious example. I don't give a toss about the boys pen or any other nostalgic nonsense, having been a blue at one time is no qualification at all, neither is winning some pots a decade or more ago. Decide what sort of football we want to play, decide upon a structure for transfers, age group teams, scouting, medical services then choose a manager who suits that system and back him. It's not rocket science.
Unfortunately, the only managers we can attract right now are the highly paid has-beens, or the let's take a chance with the novice...the middle ground managers are all happy as larks at their current clubs, so please provide us with your list of possibles...

I await your non-manic selections with anticipation...

Status
Not open for further replies.