Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take Lampard.
He is not going to get league chasing team come in for him. No doubt at the end of the seasons a few prem clubs will look at him.
He will need a 3 year job to make his name before top teams look at him.
But in all seriousness with him. His options are somewhat limited. Liverpool job is earmarked for somebody else. Utd won't touch him yet, a return to Chelsea is a defo no. Surely can't go to Spurs or Arsenal. No way will City take him, until he does something. We might just be the best option for him.
His agent:

"Francis, wotcha? Are you sitting down? There's an offer from Everton. You'll get a guaranteed transfer chest of 2 bob if you dont sell one of their players, and the fans will back you for a season (10 games if you're ex-Liverpool). You'll be working with Marcel"The Architect"Brands who will stroll around in a Hugo Boss suit looking all DoF-like but is essentially harmless....Fancy it?

I would take Lampard.
He is not going to get league chasing team come in for him. No doubt at the end of the seasons a few prem clubs will look at him.
He will need a 3 year job to make his name before top teams look at him.
But in all seriousness with him. His options are somewhat limited. Liverpool job is earmarked for somebody else. Utd won't touch him yet, a return to Chelsea is a defo no. Surely can't go to Spurs or Arsenal. No way will City take him, until he does something. We might just be the best option for him.
Would he come with the team we have? Also have we got any youngsters that could step up. Plenty on here think our youth players are complete sh**e. I'd at least like them to be given a chance which just doesn't seem to happen. I'd like to think that he would come and not just see it as a poisoned chalice.

His agent:

"Francis, wotcha? Are you sitting down? There's an offer from Everton. You'll get a guaranteed transfer chest of 2 bob if you dont sell one of their players, and the fans will back you for a season (10 games if you're ex-Liverpool). You'll be working with Marcel"The Architect"Brands who will stroll around in a Hugo Boss suit looking all DoF-like but is essentially harmless....Fancy it?
If he wants a career in management long term he would.

No top 6 side would touch him now so he might be able to rebuild himself with us .

Lampard couldn't get a tap out of the same squad that a proper manager took to winning the champions league and top of the Premier league. Imagine him with our lot!

Again this is completely the point I was making. Why are you comparing him to Tuchel, a top 5 manager in the world? What manager of that calibre is coming here?

Tuchel also immediately asked for Werner (who Lampard was given) to be upgraded to Lukaku!

It'd be a big risk but Danny Cowley (or the Cowley Brothers if you prefer) has had a good start to his career in the lower leagues, generally successful in each of his jobs with Huddersfield being the most debatable one. Only 43 but already managed almost 700 games according to a quick scan of his wiki.

Last edited:
I've never been a fan of 'directors of football'. I'd rather see a younger manager in charge of the playing staff from youth upwards. Several people need to go first though, from Kenwright down to Unsworth. That lot will relegate this club.

Again this is completely the point I was making. Why are you comparing him to Tuchel, a top 5 manager in the world? What manager of that calibre is coming here?

Tuchel also immediately asked for Werner (who Lampard was given) to be upgraded to Lukaku!
Lukaku who wasn't part of the champions league winning squad and has missed much of this season?

People are comparing him to tuchel because they both managed exactly the same squad in the season, seems a pretty obvious comparison to me...

Lukaku who wasn't part of the champions league winning squad and has missed much of this season?

People are comparing him to tuchel because they both managed exactly the same squad in the season, seems a pretty obvious comparison to me...

It's a pointless comparison because we can;t attract the calibre of Tuchel. Apparently he was interested in us back in 2017, but that's by the by...

It's the same as when people screwed their nose up at Arteta because he wasn't Guardiola. It's the same as United fans who turned their nose up at every half decent attacker they had since 2009 simply because they weren't as good as Ronaldo.

We have to be realistic. We need to find a top manager before they establish themselves as a top manager. That takes bravery and conviction and moving on from the irrational obsession with experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.